Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rajat444
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

How to read local file on Qlik Data Catalyst

Hi Guys,

I am new to the Qlik Data Catalyst world. I am trying to make a source connection in QDC for reading local files from my own system. I have read the documentation, but for some reason, I am unable to crack the solution till now.  I

Any kind of help will be appreciated. 

Regards

Rajat

Labels (1)
2 Replies
AlexColombo
Employee
Employee

Hello Rajat,

first you need to move your data file to your QDC machine file system. In this example I have my local data into /usr/local/qdc/tmp/SampleData.csv.

Then you need to go to Source tab and click on Add Data (top right). Click on Add new data --> New Source and then compile as below:

1.png

In the next step insert your entity name and your file path with file name. Then choose "Source" as Metadata Method. This allow QDC to get metadata directly from the source file in an automatic way. Then click on Generate Record Layout.2.png

If you scroll to the bottom and you click on Record Layout Preview you will be able to see your fields. In this section you can check the fields and if necessary with a double click, change their datatypes, business metadata and so on.3.png

Click on Save.

Now we are ready to load the data. Click on your table and then on Load button4.png

The partition windows will be prompt. For this case, just click on OK.5.png

Now the data loading in started, and if you click on the circle arrows, you should see FINISHED under job status column. When the load is finished, click on the settings icon under Action column and then click on View Details. Here you are able to see details information about the load6.png

Now we can see our data with the query module or with the Catalog7.png8.png

Hope this helps!

Rajat444
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thanks Alex for giving such a comprehensive explanation.