Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qliktechie15
Partner - Contributor III

No.of SSDs and disk size on AWS machine

Hi,

We are planning to install QDC June 2020 on AWS machine.

I would like to know what should be the minimum disk size and min no. of SSDs ( 1 or 2) that we should use ?

Mostly, we would be on boarding QVDs in REGISTERED mode.

Thanks for your answer !

@DaveHowland 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DaveHowland
Employee
Employee

Hi @qliktechie15 

From that documentation,  https://help.qlik.com/en-US/data-catalyst/April2020/Content/QlikDataCatalyst/Overview/Guides.htm, we know that QDC ingests data from many, many sources. JDBC, flat file, structured and semi-structured data. All of that data ingest is what we call "expected data". So how ever much the size of the data you're ingesting is, on disk, that's the expected size.  As for the number of disks, or how big they are .. those numbers are purely up to you.  If this is non-production, and you have some latitude, try 100GB to start. 

David

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DaveHowland
Employee
Employee

Hi @qliktechie15  , 

So documentation does not distinguish between Registered and Managed, so I do understand your question. That said , it does say "Data Drive 3x expected data" .. and that is what I would recommend. One note about Registered that's important to keep in mind ; when registered data is published, it is in fact written to the QDC disk drive, temporarily. Meaning I applaud the idea of using SSD for this purpose. 

thanks, and hope that helps! 

David

qliktechie15
Author

Hi @DaveHowland 

Thanks for the reply !

1)To clarify, when you say- "Data Drive 3x expected data"- do you mean that the size of the disk should be 3 times the size of the qvds that would be onboarded ?

2) Still, it would be great if you could comment on the number of SSDs ( 1 or 2) that we should use and the size of each SSD ?

Thanks !

DaveHowland
Employee
Employee

Hi @qliktechie15 

From that documentation,  https://help.qlik.com/en-US/data-catalyst/April2020/Content/QlikDataCatalyst/Overview/Guides.htm, we know that QDC ingests data from many, many sources. JDBC, flat file, structured and semi-structured data. All of that data ingest is what we call "expected data". So how ever much the size of the data you're ingesting is, on disk, that's the expected size.  As for the number of disks, or how big they are .. those numbers are purely up to you.  If this is non-production, and you have some latitude, try 100GB to start. 

David

qliktechie15
Author

Thanks @DaveHowland