cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mingsum214
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

QVD connection issue

I tried to load data in QDC through QVD import, there are no error message show but no data is load in QDC also. I described what I have done and some screen cap as reference in the attached powerpoint. Do anyone have idea to troubleshoot?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThiebaudS
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi there,

On your QS server you probably have a folder, with all your QVDs that you want to see in QDC.

To do this, here are the steps:

1. on QS, you need to create a network share to share this folder (with your QVDs) between your QS and QDC server.

2. on QDC, mount the windows share in linux using cifs

3. in the QDC config, your Linux path in "Default QVD mount point" should point to this mounted folder

4. on QS, create a data connection (type folder), to point to your folder with all the QVDs, and assign a tag called "QVD Catalog" to it.

ONLY data connections with tag "QVD Catalog" will be checked by QDC (as stated in the documentation).

Sync the path and at this point, you will see your QVDs in QDC.

Best regards,

Thiebaud

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ThiebaudS
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi there,

On your QS server you probably have a folder, with all your QVDs that you want to see in QDC.

To do this, here are the steps:

1. on QS, you need to create a network share to share this folder (with your QVDs) between your QS and QDC server.

2. on QDC, mount the windows share in linux using cifs

3. in the QDC config, your Linux path in "Default QVD mount point" should point to this mounted folder

4. on QS, create a data connection (type folder), to point to your folder with all the QVDs, and assign a tag called "QVD Catalog" to it.

ONLY data connections with tag "QVD Catalog" will be checked by QDC (as stated in the documentation).

Sync the path and at this point, you will see your QVDs in QDC.

Best regards,

Thiebaud