Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brunnovb_in
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik Catalog - AD import users problem

Hello!

We are trying to import users from AD into Qlik Catalog, but we are having problems. User and group totals are displayed but are not synchronized. We've tried with varying amounts of users, but they aren't importing.

The smallest scenario with 21 users and 15 groups was not imported. Looking at catalina.out, users are even listed in the log, but the import does not happen.

The image is bad, but the Qlik Catalog is loading for a long time and nothing is happening.

2022-05-11 20_11_46-Filmes e TV.png

Version: Qlik Catalog February 2022.

Any ideas on how to solve or investigate further?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hordy_Beauzile
Support
Support

Hi Brunno,

The results of the support ticket showed that when conducting the Active Directory query within this use case we were searching for one group and then also searching the 12700 users to see who was in the initial group. This extensive search is the reason for the long import time. We have suggested to make LDAP/AD do the work and pass the group as part of the user filter/query.

Best,

Hordy

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Hordy_Beauzile
Support
Support

Hi Bruno,

Is there an error message within the catalina.out?

Best,

Hordy

brunnovb_in
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello Hordy,

No error, but I managed to see a WARN “HHH000104: firstResult/maxResults specified with collection fetch;applying in memory!” on catalina.out. On catalina.out I could see the filter on AD and the users printed.

Is common an importation process (e.g. 30 users and 1 group) to take longer than 30 minutes? In my experience, I could do that with few minutes.

Another strange thing, we are trying to create a new group on AD, but Qlik Catalog isn't seeing de users inside de group created (the group is finded, but users no).

Best,

Brunno.

Hordy_Beauzile
Support
Support

Hi Brunno,

I will open up a support case for you so we can review this behavior and troubleshoot it further. To answer your question though, the user importation process should not take more than a few minutes for 30 users from 1 group. If Qlik Catalog cannot see the users within a new group created, I would suggest modifying the AD query. We can take a closer look on the ticket.

Best,

Hordy

Hordy_Beauzile
Support
Support

Hi Brunno,

The results of the support ticket showed that when conducting the Active Directory query within this use case we were searching for one group and then also searching the 12700 users to see who was in the initial group. This extensive search is the reason for the long import time. We have suggested to make LDAP/AD do the work and pass the group as part of the user filter/query.

Best,

Hordy