Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
franco_galati
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Catalog - Search Fields by Profile Values

Hello Guys! 

By default, Qlik Catalog is able to find info about Entities (I mean, files and/or tables) using metadata as a criteria of searches. For example, in Catalog page has a space to enter a word that Catalog will use to find in different levels (sources, entities and field names), but NOT in profile property values. However, in  core_env.properties there is an entry to enable it. By default, include.profile.data.global.search is set to false. In core_env, comments say: 

# Global UI search control that shows or hides the option to search fields by profile value.
# If set to true, users will see the option to search fields. If search on profile values is not
# required, set this to false for significantly better performance. Default: false

Although I have enabled it, no new options are displayed to search fields by profile value. Has anyone used this feature? Is it work? I already refresh core_env, but didn't work yet. 

franco_galati_0-1637018855927.png

Tks! 

Qlik Catalog Qlik Data Catalyst 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hordy_Beauzile
Support
Support

Hi @franco_galati,

Navigate to the any module besides the Catalog module, and search for a value you are looking for

Select the green magnifying glass 

Select View All results

You should see Profile values on that page if you have turned the property on.

Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 2.19.04 PM.png

Best,

Hordy

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Hordy_Beauzile
Support
Support

Hi @franco_galati,

Navigate to the any module besides the Catalog module, and search for a value you are looking for

Select the green magnifying glass 

Select View All results

You should see Profile values on that page if you have turned the property on.

Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 2.19.04 PM.png

Best,

Hordy