cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FranciscoQ
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik SaaS Lineage

Hi ! In order to be able to use Lineage capabilities , should I install the connector ?

Because when I click into the three dots, I can't see the impact analysis option. 

Also when I click in a visualization, to show more details:

It says that the Lineage is disabled.

FranciscoQ_0-1651842822632.png

I noticed there are some lineage connectors. But I am not very sure if I need to install them in order to use lineage capabilites.

I would appreciate some help.

Regards,

Francisco

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_Ortega

Hi @FranciscoQ -

There is no need to install the Lineage Connector for applications that are built in Qlik Cloud.

However, as you point out, if you have a Qlik View or Qlik Sense application that is maintained on-premise (reloaded, etc.) and moved to Qlik Cloud, if you want to see their sources, you will want to install the Qlik Lineage Connector and synchronize the lineage with Qlik Cloud.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You need to activate Data Lineage (and Impact Analysis) in order to use them. An tenant  admin can do that in the management console.

Vegar_0-1652085769344.png

FranciscoQ
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi @Vegar ,

Thanks for the answer, I found the options. So there is no need to install the Lineage Connector in order to be able to use the impact analysis and lineage functionalities for apps that are inside Qlik Cloud? What about apps imported from Qlikview?

If not then what it is for the Qlik Lineage Conecctor ?

Regards and thanks for your answer

Christopher_Ortega

Hi @FranciscoQ -

There is no need to install the Lineage Connector for applications that are built in Qlik Cloud.

However, as you point out, if you have a Qlik View or Qlik Sense application that is maintained on-premise (reloaded, etc.) and moved to Qlik Cloud, if you want to see their sources, you will want to install the Qlik Lineage Connector and synchronize the lineage with Qlik Cloud.

FranciscoQ
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

That makes sense.

Thanks for the answer!