Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WendyDorsey
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Task DockHandLoader failed when importing QVDs in Qlik Catalyst / Catalog.

Task DockHandLoader failed when importing QVDs in Qlik Catalyst / Catalog. No sample data or data statistics.  I have verified that Docker is up and running and restarted Docker, Qlik Core and Tomcat and still does not run and getting DockHandLoader failed.  Below is the Data Load Log:

2020-09-02 13:20:39.990: Starting job: QVD_EM.NIBRS_BIAS_LIST.20200902132039

2020-09-02 13:20:39.998: Started loading into dock.

2020-09-02 13:20:40.016: Watching for process completion/termination.

2020-09-02 13:21:40.143: Watching for process completion/termination.  Showing many rows...

2020-09-02 14:06:43.894: Watching for process completion/termination.

2020-09-02 14:06:43.897: Task DockHandLoader failed: ConnectTimeoutException: 20000 millis timeout while waiting for channel to be ready for connect. ch : java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[connection-pending remote=IPAddress/IPAddress:8020]

See attachment of copied bash to show Docker is up and running.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WendyDorsey
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thank you for your replies, but Qlik Support Team fixed our issues.  We were getting timeout error when loading data and no sample data or data statistics.  We were getting Docker NOT found error even though it is proven to be running and active.  This was due to the install package did not have a current version of docker image and support had to send me the new qdc-qlik-core-feb-2020 docker image as the one from install package was 15 months old and did not work.  Now with new qdc-qlik-core-feb-2020 docker image it is working correctly.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
fabio_ribeiro
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi WendyDorsey, I hope you are doing well.

Are you using Apache Hive?

Christopher_Ortega

Hi WendyDorsey,

Are you having issues loading all qvds or this on in particular?  For instance, what is the size of NIBRS_BIAS_LIST.QVD?  Is it particularly large?  

WendyDorsey
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thank you for your replies, but Qlik Support Team fixed our issues.  We were getting timeout error when loading data and no sample data or data statistics.  We were getting Docker NOT found error even though it is proven to be running and active.  This was due to the install package did not have a current version of docker image and support had to send me the new qdc-qlik-core-feb-2020 docker image as the one from install package was 15 months old and did not work.  Now with new qdc-qlik-core-feb-2020 docker image it is working correctly.