Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manuelgomez
Partner - Contributor III

core.error.code.FAILED_TO_CONNECT_TO_LICENSES_SERVICE - Failed to connect to the licenses service. Check if the licenses service is running.

Hello dear community, I just finished installing Qlik Catalog and after entering the username and password I get the following error
core.error.code.FAILED_TO_CONNECT_TO_LICENSES_SERVICE - Failed to connect to the licenses service. Check if the licenses service is running.
Verify that the ports are open and I can still enter

Labels (4)
6 Replies
brunnovb_in
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

Have you checked that Qlik Licenses & Engine Containers are running?

• Using user "qdc": 
    • docker inspect -f '{{.State.Running}}' qlikcore_qix-engine_1
    • docker inspect -f '{{.State.Running}}' licenses

Otherwise, you can run: cd /usr/local/qdc/qlikcore && ./launch_qlikContainers.sh 

Does the server access the internet? The licenses container must be able to contact https://license.qlikcloud.com periodically to verify the validity of the license being used for Catalog.

Best,

Brunno V.B.

manuelgomez
Author

Hello, execute what you tell me and I have the following answer

manuelgomez_0-1684165099091.png

brunnovb_in
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi manuelgomez,

Ok, using Podman you should use:

• podman inspect -f '{{.State.Running}}' catalog-pod-engine
  • podman inspect -f '{{.State.Running}}' catalog-pod-licenses

Does the server access the internet? The licenses container must be able to contact https://license.qlikcloud.com periodically to verify the validity of the license being used for Catalog.

Best,

Brunno V.B.

brunnovb_in
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi manuelgomez,

Can you see if the string connection in the "pod qlik Containers.yml" and "docker-compose-qlik Containers.yml" files is correct?

File directory: /usr/local/qdc/qlikcore

I mean referencing the correct host (IP).

brunnovb_in_1-1684166170521.png

Best,

Brunno V.B.

manuelgomez
Author

Thank you very much I was able to install it but now it gives me an error once I restart the server. Is there any way to let the services start automatically?

brunnovb_in
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi manuelgomez, 

Yes, there is. You can follow the instructions from the file "https://help.qlik.com/en-US/catalog/February2023/Content/Resources/PDFs/QlikCatalog_February_2023_Si.... I don't know if you've installed using script "CatalogPrereqs.sh", but you may find steps like this "8. Setup Apache Tomcat as a service to automatically start when Linux restarts" and "7. Set PostgreSQL to start automatically, then start it. "

Best,

Brunno V.B.