Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Safus
Creator
Creator

@Code("sql") Field - Java Code generation fails

Hi all,

I'm declaring a field in my configuration as "Sql" Code. This field is updated by an @updatable Method.

The rendering in the UI is fine and new lines are visible :

0693p00000C77tHAAR.png 

But the generated java code has a bug.

"String literal is not properly closed by a double-quote"

0693p00000C77tRAAR.png 

I have tried every thing to avoid this error. "\n", "\\n", "\r\n", "\\r\\n" System.getProperty("line.separator") , char(13) ... but nothing works.

stringBuilderFullQuery

.append("\"")

.append("SELECT ")

.append(" \n")

.append(stringBuilderColumns.toString())

.append(" FROM ")

.append(getValidNamedDBTable(arg1))

.append("\"");

PS : @TextArea works fine, but it is not "user-friendly" when it comes to SQL code.

Thanks.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
undx
Creator
Creator

Hi @safouane BEN MANSOUR​ ,

simple workaround : replace @code by @TextArea -> works the same w/o syntax highlighting. For pathc download, contact your commercial talend contact.

Otherwise, you can patch it by yourself by updating `org.talend.sdk.component.studio-integration_7.3.1.20210120_1008-patch.jar!/jet_stub/generic/configuration.javajet`  with this diff https://github.com/Talend/tdi-studio-se/pull/5257/files

Best regards

View solution in original post

6 Replies
undx
Creator
Creator

This issue rings me a bell...

I fixed something like that in the studio but AFAIR it was for the MEMO_ type widget (so @Code("SQL") also) ... Need to double check this...

What's your env? (ie Studio version and patches applied)

As a workaround, you can put your sql query on one unique line and not multi-lined...

Thanks for the feedback!

undx
Creator
Creator

Hi again,

I checked and this issue has been fixed in November 2020 and is available in our monthly patches since `R2020-10` for `maintenance/7.3` and is on `master` (7.4) also.

Best regards.

--

Emmanuel

Safus
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello,

I confirm that with the Talend TOS V7.4 the code generation does not fail this time when it comes to new lines in sql code.

But I think that the version still unstable because when I execute my job the whole execution fails with at least 3 errors/ugly warnings types:

[statistics] connecting to socket on port 3682

[statistics] connected

SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.

SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/home/user1/STUDIO_TALEND_CLOUD/TOS_DI-20210107_1111-V7.4.1M6/configuration/.m2/repository/org/apache/logging/log4j/log4j-slf4j-impl/2.12.1/log4j-slf4j-impl-2.12.1.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]

SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/home/user1/STUDIO_TALEND_CLOUD/TOS_DI-20210107_1111-V7.4.1M6/configuration/.m2/repository/org/talend/sdk/component/slf4j-standard/1.29.0-SNAPSHOT/slf4j-standard-1.29.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]

SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.

SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.apache.logging.slf4j.Log4jLoggerFactory]

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred

WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.talend.sdk.component.runtime.manager.asm.Unsafes (file:/home/user1/STUDIO_TALEND_CLOUD/TOS_DI-20210107_1111-V7.4.1M6/configuration/.m2/repository/org/talend/sdk/component/component-runtime-manager/1.29.0-SNAPSHOT/component-runtime-manager-1.29.0-SNAPSHOT.jar) to method java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(java.lang.String,byte[],int,int)

WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.talend.sdk.component.runtime.manager.asm.Unsafes

WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations

WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

[statistics] disconnected

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: routines/system/DynamicMetadata

at java.base/java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)

at java.base/java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:3166)

at java.base/java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethod(Class.java:2473)

at org.talend.sdk.component.runtime.record.RecordConverters$MappingMeta.newInstance(RecordConverters.java:529)

at org.talend.sdk.component.runtime.record.RecordConverters.toType(RecordConverters.java:291)

at local_project.test_0_1.test.tSqlForFileInput_1Process(test.java:734)

at local_project.test_0_1.test.runJobInTOS(test.java:1268)

at local_project.test_0_1.test.main(test.java:1115)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: routines.system.DynamicMetadata

at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:581)

at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:178)

at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:522)

... 8 more

Job test terminé à 15:31 08/03/2021. [Code de sortie = 1]

Best regards.

Safus

undx
Creator
Creator

HI @safouane BEN MANSOUR​ 

This is a known issue in TOS only products. The issue is not resolved yet but on timeline.

br

Safus
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @Emmanuel GALLOIS​,

Thank you for the info.

Do you know if it is possible to download a patched version of talend for test purposes ?

It is at the moment not possible to ask an update from the support team of talend because that means that my teammates also have to upgrade the product, and we are not ready for this at the moment.

Regards,

Safus

undx
Creator
Creator

simple workaround : replace @code by @TextArea -> works the same w/o syntax highlighting. For pathc download, contact your commercial talend contact.

Otherwise, you can patch it by yourself by updating `org.talend.sdk.component.studio-integration_7.3.1.20210120_1008-patch.jar!/jet_stub/generic/configuration.javajet`  with this diff https://github.com/Talend/tdi-studio-se/pull/5257/files

Best regards