Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guy3
Contributor
Contributor

Compoent designer

Hello experts,

Concern : Talend Open Studio for Data Integration 6.3.2

I have developed my own component. This component is working.

Now I want to add a button to configure my component.

This is done by adding "EXTENSION" in the header (tComponent_java.xml).

I want to refer this "EXTENSION" to a "jar" that I have developed.

Now, when I want to publish my component, I have the following error :

"Bad number of extensions found no org.talend.core.external_component. Expecting between 1 and 1 but found 0".

Can somebody help me to resolve this problem!

Thanks a lot!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

The jars within the component will only be deployed and are dedicated to the actual job code. The studio does not use them at all. I know some projects using such extension and they provide a studio eclipse plugin to provide the functionality referenced from such an extension. My skill in building new Eclipse plugins is not good enough to do such things.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Did you follow up this online documentation to create your custom component by talend java jet?

TalendHelpCenter:How to create a custom component 

A new framework is available to build custom components and must be used from this version onwards. Refer to Developing a component using Talend Component Kit. You can still download and install community components created using the deprecated component framework from Talend Exchange by following the instructions below.

Best regards

Sabrina

Guy3
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

I am using the online documentation.

I don't have problems with the design of the component.

The problem is when you want to add more functionality like for example the use of the "EXTENSION" (link to an external jar).

This is not documented.

I will try the new Development kit and I will come back to you!

Best regards,

Guy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Feel free to post your issue about new Development kit here.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sabrina,

the problem is, we have a lot of customers using Talend-versions 6.x and here the new way does not work.

The next problem is, the new way is under construction and brings additional version dependencies to Talend versions.

We have to rebuild the components (with the new framework) to let them work with a newer Talend version.

Because of that, I prefer to develop in the "old" way.

Best regards
Jan

Guy3
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Jan,

I agree with you, it seems to be more complex in regards of the version compatibility.

But with the old version, do you have an idea how to resolve my problem?

Best regards,

Guy

Anonymous
Not applicable

To be honest, I have not used extension like this. But please keep in mind your extension is supposed to work while the the job will be configured and not at the runtime of the job. All jars you deploy with the component are dedicated to the runtime of the job itself. You have to integrate your jar into the studio and not into the component.

Guy3
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Jan,

I agree with you. My "jar" is working at "runtime" and has to work at "design time".

I don't know why my "jar" should be "integrated" into studio. It has to be "launched"

at design time and I thought this was possible with the "Extension" like in the tMap or tESBConsumer.

This is not documented in Studio.

Best regards,

Guy

Anonymous
Not applicable

The jars within the component will only be deployed and are dedicated to the actual job code. The studio does not use them at all. I know some projects using such extension and they provide a studio eclipse plugin to provide the functionality referenced from such an extension. My skill in building new Eclipse plugins is not good enough to do such things.

Guy3
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Jan,

Thanks for your help.

Have a good day.

Guy