Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sven957
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Creating a custom component using Talend Component Kit 1.62.1 and Online does not work

Dear community,

I wanted to start developing custom components. But I keep running into issue already when trying to create a project.

Neither the online platform nor the intellij plugin in (1.62.1) seem to work.

The online starter at starter-toolkit.talend.io

Returns a 500 code when trying to create a ZIP export. Trying to create via github does not work either.

The intellij plugin runs into multiple exceptions rooting in a "MustacheException".

One example:

com.github.mustachejava.MustacheException: Failed to get value for value.key

I do have Oracle Open JDK 1.8 u391 installed and selected for the project in intellij. But quite frankly, I dont understand why I have to use it when Talend 8.0.1 runs on Java 11 and is currently implementing Java 17 support.

I would like to understand why both approaches fail and how I can start working on my first TCK project.

Cheers,

Sven

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

You can find the open source TCK components here:

https://github.com/Talend/connectors-se

Could you please see if you're able to compile these?

Meanwhile I let the team know that the zip download from the starter-toolkit doesn't work.

Sven957
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the response and taking care of the zip download.

To your question:

I am able to compile a couple of those components. I tested: couchbase, newjdbc, salesforce.

For some I run into compile errors jira for instance.

Also the question again: Why do I have to choose the Oracle JDK 1.8?

FGharbi1701429439
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm facing the same error of "com.github.mustachejava.MustacheException: Failed to get value for value.key"" when trying to create the projet with TCK in intellij. I have tried several times but always the same problem.

Have you resolved the problem please ?

Thanks

RBorges1700590311
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I have the same issue. No way to create a component using TCK. Here with JDK 21 download from oracle using Intelligi in linux ubuntu 22. Getting "com.github.mustachejava.MustacheException: Failed to get value for value.key" in a alert in the IDE.

Looking for solutions.

undx
Creator
Creator

Hello,

This is a bug that should be fixed on next release 1.63.0 (should be released next week).

Meanwhile, you can follow tutorial on our framework documentation

https://talend.github.io/component-runtime/main/latest/tutorial-create-an-input-component.html

(a sample pom.xml is shown) Or inspire you with our OSS connectors here : https://github.com/Talend/connectors-se

Best regards

konvertilo
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hello,

For your information, Exact same issue with the new version. also not working on IntelliJ with the plugin.

Sven957
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hello everybody,

I can confirm. Neither the ZIP download works nor the intellij Plugin.

This is very frustrating and quite disappointing.

@Talend do you have an estimate when this will be fixed eventually?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everyone,

The latest release was deployed today which was tested ok. Please try it now.

Sven957
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi bgunics, I can confirm. Both, the download and the intellij plugin work now accordingly. Thanks.