Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gnemethartemis
Contributor
Contributor

Custom Input component: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: routines/system/DynamicMetadata

Hello Everyone,

I created a simple input component which subscribes to an event bus, and produces Records based on the input.

The component works well in IntelliJ, passes the tests.

When deployed to TOS the "Guess Schema" action also works, and returns a valid schema.

However when I run the job and the first message arrives java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: routines/system/DynamicMetadata is thrown. It happens when the runtime tries to cast the Record returned by the input component to the type created from the schema.

Does anyone have any idea, how to fix it?

I understand that the DynamicMetadata is an enterprise only feature, and I don't need it.

Thank you In Advance,

Gabor

Labels (4)
12 Replies
Hieu_Trung
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your response, I am new to TOS and under learning phase. My TOS is 8.0, how do I update the patch to R2023-09?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Talend Open Studio doesn't have patches. Talend Cloud Data Integration a.k.a the enterprise version receives security fixes, new features on a monthly basis.

Hieu_Trung
Contributor
Contributor

I understand, do you have any idea on how to change the component-runtime on TOS 8.0? As I can see, my TOS is using component-runtime version 1.37.0, which is not the latest as I am using to develop my custom component (ver 1.60.0)