Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KYildirim1
Contributor
Contributor

Custom Talend Component - Oracle JDBC driver does not work.

Hey,

i created a custom component using the talend component kit, which connects should connect to a database. It seems that Talend does not use the ojdbc8.jar, any recommendations how to install the driver properly?

Exception i receive when trying to connect:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception occurred during schema retrieval: No suitable driver found for jdbc:oracle:thin:@//localhost:1521/XE

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please clarify in which Talend version/edition you are?

Are you trying to connect oracle 18? Which use ojdbc8-12.2.0.1.jar and should be downloaded automatically for DB setting up wizard.

Best regards

Sabrina

KYildirim1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hey,

My DB is running in a docker container (Oracle Oracle Database 11g Express Edition Release 11.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production). If I connect with DBeaver it uses the Oracle JDBC driver 12.2.0.1.0 and this works.

I also downloaded all the ojdbc versions from the modules view in Talend.

I'm using TOS_ESB_7.3.1.

Also tried loading the .jar with LibraryLoad before execution of my custom Component, didn't fix the problem either.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

This tLibraryLoad component can be used to override almost anything and everything. The jars loaded by this component will be put to the beginning of the classpath, so this can be used to forcefully load a class.

Remember that classes are loaded from the jars in the classpath. If 2 jar contains the same class, the class will be loaded from the jar earlier in the classpath.

Please try to collect more information about missing jar/ class issue.

First of all, Please enable Maven Debug Logs from Preference. Building the job then get the lastGenerated.log file using Project Explorer.

Using the above information, look for the jar file, and see what happens with it.0695b00000GhlaVAAR.gif 

0695b00000GhlbEAAR.gif0695b00000GhlbdAAB.gif0695b00000GhlWKAAZ.gifThe following JVM parameter could help to display which class is loaded from which jar:

-verbose:class

Hope it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina