Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CriticalMass
Contributor II
Contributor II

Error in fresh generated Component Kit Project: [ERROR] The component xxx is missing a dataset in its configuration (see @DataSet)

Hi,

I just working through the Tutorial and Docs and currently stuck on this error. I tried the starter and the IntelliJ Plugin, no difference. Running "mvnw clean install" gives me this error. I guess it's a simple problem, but currently, I don't know what I don't know 😉

Thanks,

Markus

Labels (1)
  • v7.x

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
florentlb
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Some enhancements (both on tutorials and the SDK itself) are on the way for later this month.

In the meantime, in addition to @mbocquet's suggestion, also make sure to have this artifact set to 1.1.1 if you want to use the previous version which did not enforce datasets and datastore to build the components: 

<extension>
        <groupId>org.talend.sdk.component</groupId>
        <artifactId>talend-component-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.1.1</version>
</extension>

Florent

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Markus,

This error occurs because you are using the latest version of the sdk, which forces components to seperate data into Datastore and DataSet, while the tutorial you are following on the page was created with a lower version of the sdk which didnt enforce these rules.  Its clear the tutorials are not being updated to suite the new features. One  work around for you will be to change the sdk version to 1.1.1 like this, 

<dependency>
<artifactId>component-api</artifactId>
<version>1.1.1</version>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

while waiting for the tutorials to be updated or you can learn about datasets and datastore  in the tutorials   and configure you UI as such in order to get it running, Hope this helps?

regards

Samba.

florentlb
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Some enhancements (both on tutorials and the SDK itself) are on the way for later this month.

In the meantime, in addition to @mbocquet's suggestion, also make sure to have this artifact set to 1.1.1 if you want to use the previous version which did not enforce datasets and datastore to build the components: 

<extension>
        <artifactId>talend-component-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.1.1</version>
</extension>

Florent