Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to deploy a custom component that was developed in the Talend component kit?(without maven)

Hello!

I use Talend Komponent KIT for develop my custom component. And I'm successfully added it to Talend Open Studio for ESB(Version: 7.1.1) (with the command talend-component:deploy-in-studio). But how can someone install it into yourself studio without maven? In the target folder I get a .jar file for my component. I tried to add this jar to the folder with another custom components(I mean Preferences -> Talend->Components), but didn't work

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

To deploy the component without maven plugin.
You will need to do that manually or by scripting the bellow steps : (there is no feature in the studio that let you import a jar for the moment)

• Copy the component jar and all it's dependencies into <studio home>/configuration/.m2 by keeping the maven repository layout (gourpId/artifatcId/version/jar)
  • Create a file (if not already exist) named components-registration.properties in <studio home>/configuration/
  • Register your component by adding a new line in the file containing [component family]=groupId\:artifactId\:version
    • for example if you have a jdbc component, the line will be jdbc=org.talend.components\:jdbc\:1.0.0
  • In config.ini file from <studio home>/configuration/ add a line pointing to the registration file component.java.registry=<studio home>/configuration/components-registration.properties
  • Restart the studio
  • The component should show up in the pallet

If you did some changed to the component properties. and redeploy it to the studio you will need to clear the studio cache by deleting all the org.eclipse.* folders from <studio home>/configuraiton

The maven plugin automate all that for you.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

To deploy the component without maven plugin.
You will need to do that manually or by scripting the bellow steps : (there is no feature in the studio that let you import a jar for the moment)

• Copy the component jar and all it's dependencies into <studio home>/configuration/.m2 by keeping the maven repository layout (gourpId/artifatcId/version/jar)
  • Create a file (if not already exist) named components-registration.properties in <studio home>/configuration/
  • Register your component by adding a new line in the file containing [component family]=groupId\:artifactId\:version
    • for example if you have a jdbc component, the line will be jdbc=org.talend.components\:jdbc\:1.0.0
  • In config.ini file from <studio home>/configuration/ add a line pointing to the registration file component.java.registry=<studio home>/configuration/components-registration.properties
  • Restart the studio
  • The component should show up in the pallet

If you did some changed to the component properties. and redeploy it to the studio you will need to clear the studio cache by deleting all the org.eclipse.* folders from <studio home>/configuraiton

The maven plugin automate all that for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Just a quick message to mention that a simpler way to share a component can be to use the Component ARchive. In short you will package your component as a .car which is executable and enables to deploy into a studio the component.

You can find more about it on our official documentation.

serdarkilic
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possible to install a component (using the toolkit) built with 7.1 into a 6.5 environment?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @serdarkilic ,

No, 6.5 does not support the Kit components at all.