Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SDHON
Contributor III
Contributor III

Losing previous job versions in talend after IMPORT ITEMS

Hello,

I created a new version of my existing job from 0.3 to 0.4 for example, incrementing 'm' in Talend like below:

0695b00000qR2ZLAA0.png

When I check the versions I see both 0.3 and 0.4. However, I realised I am losing previous versions as soon as I import the job again in the project. When I IMPORT ITEMS of current job 0.4, I lose the previous versions 0.3. Like shown below 0.3 is gone:

0695b00000qR2mJAAS.png

I have checked in my workspace, the files linked to all previous versions for that particular job newly imported have disappeared.

Is there a way to keep the previous versions on a project while safely keeping a backup of only the job concerned instead of the whole project always? What is the best way to do this to not lose previous versions please? Do I have to import the entire project always to not lose versions 😕

Many thanks for helping.

S.D

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SDHON
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I got my answer when I tried to Export Items instead of Build Job. It works on both TOS6 and TOS7.

Here is the link to that thread where I replied instead of here to keep it clean with the topic. Sorry for chosing the wrong forum 🙏 Thank you for your help @Anselmo Peixoto​ 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
anselmopeixoto
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello @S DHON​ 

Based on the screenshots you sent, it seems you're using Studio v7 or bellow and I guess this is an issue present in older versions of Studio.

I just have tested on v8 and it doesn't happened, all the previous versions were kept after importing the job.

Best regards,

Anselmo

SDHON
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you @Anselmo Peixoto​ .. yes i am using TOS6.4.

I will try same with TOS7.3 to see if that works. TOS 8 I havent use yet. Hopefully on 7.3 it will work! 👍

jlolling
Creator III
Creator III

Could you PLEASE check BEFORE posting if you have chosen the correct forum?

Your topic has NOTHING to do with component development!

SDHON
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I got my answer when I tried to Export Items instead of Build Job. It works on both TOS6 and TOS7.

Here is the link to that thread where I replied instead of here to keep it clean with the topic. Sorry for chosing the wrong forum 🙏 Thank you for your help @Anselmo Peixoto​