Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjj
Contributor
Contributor

Read-only Processor schema and/or appending output schema

Hi,

I'm trying to make a component that will modify just one specific field and return a new input.

I'm using the Talend Component Kit for this, and building the component in Java.

I'm struggling to create a component that has:

• A fixed input, with a pre-named field (e.g. myInputField) that will be used in the processor as a source on the input row
  • A fixed output, with a pre-named field (e.g. myProcessedFieldOutput) that will be output from the processor as a row

Ideally, this would be like the tAddLocationFromIP component, whereby you choose the field from the input that you want to use:

0693p00000AbhFZAAZ.png

and it appends a non-optional additional field

0693p00000AbhH1AAJ.png

Is it possible to do this? I can't see any examples or other sources on GitHub that seem to achieve this, but I'm hoping it's possible?

Labels (3)
1 Reply
ozhelezniak
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @CHrisa Jackson​ 

Frankly, I think I didn't understand your question. Could you explain a bit more want do you want to get?

I'll try to answer.

You can control how many rows your component will produce. You can build a record with recordFactory (it's a service so you can inject in into your input and output component classes).

For input:

@Producer

public Record next() throws Exception {

Record record = this.recordFactory.newRecordBuilder().withString("desiredField", "Your speicific Value").build();

return record;

}

https://talend.github.io/component-runtime/main/1.28.2/tutorial-create-an-input-component.html