Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Schrauber
Contributor
Contributor

Talend Component Kit: Input component with multiple outputs

Hi,

I am developing an input component with Talend Component Kit. This component reads data from an REST API.

Now it happens that the data from the API are structured and do not fit into a flat schema. I could read the data by having the component 2 times in my job, each time reading a different level in the structure. But this means reading from the API two times.

My idea was to read the data only once and let the component produce two outputs.

Is this possible somehow?

I found the input component, which seems to have only the possibility for one output.

The processor looked promising to me, but this one seems to need at least one input row, which I do not have in this case.

Best regards

Schrauber

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Maik Opitz​ , I am not a component developer, just give you one idea from job design view, link your input component to a tReplicate component that replicate the input row many times as needed, so that you just call the API one time.

Regards

Shong

Schrauber
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the answer. But this will not work, because I need two complete different ouput schema.

Prakhar1
Creator III
Creator III

@Maik Opitz​ you can try with tmap and create two output and define two different output schema in tmap