Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjag
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to create new custom component project with intelij and talend component kit

Hi,

I am unable to create a new custom component project. I select the 'Talend Component' but the Next button is not working. I am using:

• mac os 13.3
  • oracle openjdk 11.0.11
  • telend component kit 1.55.2
  • intelij 2022.2.5 and intelij 2023.1

With

2022.2.5 nothing happens. With 2023.1 I get Exeception in plugin Talend Component Kit:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "org.talend.sdk.component.intellij.module.step.StarterStep$StarterPanel.getPanelLoaded()" because "this.starterPanel" is null

at org.talend.sdk.component.intellij.module.step.StarterStep.validate(StarterStep.java:136)

at com.intellij.ide.util.newProjectWizard.AbstractProjectWizard.commitStepData(AbstractProjectWizard.java:231)

at com.intellij.ide.util.newProjectWizard.AbstractProjectWizard.doNextAction(AbstractProjectWizard.java:250)

at com.intellij.ide.wizard.AbstractWizard.proceedToNextStep(AbstractWizard.java:246)

at com.intellij.ide.wizard.AbstractWizard$5.actionPerformed(AbstractWizard.java:198)

at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1972)

at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2313)

at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:405)

at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:262)

at java.desktop/javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:279)

at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6656)

at java.desktop/javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3385)

at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6421)

at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2266)

at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:5026)

at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2324)

at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4854)

Is there anything I can try?

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Szymon Jagiełło​ ,

It's required to install oracleJDK 1.8.x to use Talend Component Kit.

see https://talend.github.io/component-runtime/main/1.55.2/system-prerequisites.html

Could you please switch to oracleJDK 1.8.x to re-try?

Best regards

Aiming

sjag
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

thank you for the response. Unfortunately this is a company mac and due to security reasons and policies it is hard to use older java versions.

Br