Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reinier1
Contributor III
Contributor III

custom Component upgrade from 7.1.1 to 7.3.1 fails

I am developing an plugin that should generate the job documentation from the command prompt, so I can include that in our Jenkins CI flow.

I took an existing 7.1.1 project, that I tested and that compiled correctly, and is recognized in Talend 7.1.1 and adapted it to 7.3.1

The first think I had to do was include the 7.1.1 and the eclipse repositories in the pom.xml, because the p2 7.3.1 repository does not contain all necessary files anymore (the 7.1.1 repo does)

I can now compile a completely empty project. But when I add the .jar file to the plugins folder and restart (with -clean and --clean-components-cache) the plugin is not recognised by Eclipse/talend. It does not show up in the Help > About > Installation Details > plugins

And when you run the command that should start the plugin from the prompt, you get:

./TOS_DI-linux-gtk-x86_64 -nosplash --launcher.suppressErrors -needLauncher -data workspace/MyProject -clean --clean_component_cache -application nl.mountbatten.talend.codegen.Generator

the .log file will say:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Application "nl.mountbatten.talend.codegen.Generator" could not be found in the registry. The applications available are: org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner, org.eclipse.ant.ui.antRunner, org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.swt.E4Application, org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.swt.GenTopic, org.eclipse.emf.codegen.CodeGen, org.eclipse.emf.codegen.JMerger, org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore.Generator, org.eclipse.emf.importer.ecore.Ecore2GenModel, org.eclipse.emf.importer.java.Java2GenModel, org.eclipse.emf.importer.rose.Rose2GenModel, org.eclipse.equinox.app.error, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.garbagecollector.application, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.InstallPublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.EclipseGenerator, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.ProductPublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.FeaturesAndBundlesPublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.application, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository.repo2runnable, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository.metadataverifier, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository.mirrorApplication, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository.mirrorApplication, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.natives.nativePackageExtractor, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.updatesite.UpdateSitePublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.UpdateSitePublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.CategoryPublisher, org.eclipse.help.base.infocenterApplication, org.eclipse.help.base.helpApplication, org.eclipse.help.base.indexTool, org.eclipse.jdt.apt.core.aptBuild, org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCodeFormatter, org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaIndexer, org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench, org.talend.designer.codegen.CodeGenInit, org.talend.rcp.branding.tos.application, org.talend.repository.CreateAutomaticConnectionApplication.
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:252)

If you want to try for yourself:

git clone https://github.com/batje/talend-docgen

cd talend-docgen

mvn clean package

copy the target/nl.mountbatten.talend.docgen.jar to your plugins folder

Any ideas?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
reinier1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The answer is:

Say, your .jar is nl.mountbatten.talend.docgen.jar then:

• Open the file config.info in the folder configuration/ of your Talend Studio 7.3.1
  • At the end of the very long line for osgi.bundles= add ,nl.mountbatten.talend.docgen (so something like osgi.bundles=blalbblabla,nl.mountbatten.talend.docgen )

Run your command, and voila

View solution in original post

1 Reply
reinier1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The answer is:

Say, your .jar is nl.mountbatten.talend.docgen.jar then:

• Open the file config.info in the folder configuration/ of your Talend Studio 7.3.1
  • At the end of the very long line for osgi.bundles= add ,nl.mountbatten.talend.docgen (so something like osgi.bundles=blalbblabla,nl.mountbatten.talend.docgen )

Run your command, and voila