Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reinier1
Contributor III
Contributor III

custom Component upgrade from 7.1.1 to 7.3.1 fails

I am developing an plugin that should generate the job documentation from the command prompt, so I can include that in our Jenkins CI flow.

I took an existing 7.1.1 project, that I tested and that compiled correctly, and is recognized in Talend 7.1.1 and adapted it to 7.3.1

The first think I had to do was include the 7.1.1 and the eclipse repositories in the pom.xml, because the p2 7.3.1 repository does not contain all necessary files anymore (the 7.1.1 repo does)

I can now compile a completely empty project. But when I add the .jar file to the plugins folder and restart (with -clean and --clean-components-cache) the plugin is not recognised by Eclipse/talend. It does not show up in the Help > About > Installation Details > plugins

And when you run the command that should start the plugin from the prompt, you get:

./TOS_DI-linux-gtk-x86_64 -nosplash --launcher.suppressErrors -needLauncher -data workspace/MyProject -clean --clean_component_cache -application nl.mountbatten.talend.codegen.Generator

the .log file will say:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Application "nl.mountbatten.talend.codegen.Generator" could not be found in the registry. The applications available are: org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner, org.eclipse.ant.ui.antRunner, org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.swt.E4Application, org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.swt.GenTopic, org.eclipse.emf.codegen.CodeGen, org.eclipse.emf.codegen.JMerger, org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore.Generator, org.eclipse.emf.importer.ecore.Ecore2GenModel, org.eclipse.emf.importer.java.Java2GenModel, org.eclipse.emf.importer.rose.Rose2GenModel, org.eclipse.equinox.app.error, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.garbagecollector.application, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.InstallPublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.EclipseGenerator, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.ProductPublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.FeaturesAndBundlesPublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.application, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository.repo2runnable, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository.metadataverifier, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository.mirrorApplication, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository.mirrorApplication, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.natives.nativePackageExtractor, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.updatesite.UpdateSitePublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.UpdateSitePublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.CategoryPublisher, org.eclipse.help.base.infocenterApplication, org.eclipse.help.base.helpApplication, org.eclipse.help.base.indexTool, org.eclipse.jdt.apt.core.aptBuild, org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCodeFormatter, org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaIndexer, org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench, org.talend.designer.codegen.CodeGenInit, org.talend.rcp.branding.tos.application, org.talend.repository.CreateAutomaticConnectionApplication.
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:252)

If you want to try for yourself:

git clone https://github.com/batje/talend-docgen

cd talend-docgen

mvn clean package

copy the target/nl.mountbatten.talend.docgen.jar to your plugins folder

Any ideas?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
reinier1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The answer is:

Say, your .jar is nl.mountbatten.talend.docgen.jar then:

• Open the file config.info in the folder configuration/ of your Talend Studio 7.3.1
  • At the end of the very long line for osgi.bundles= add ,nl.mountbatten.talend.docgen (so something like osgi.bundles=blalbblabla,nl.mountbatten.talend.docgen )

Run your command, and voila

View solution in original post

1 Reply
reinier1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The answer is:

Say, your .jar is nl.mountbatten.talend.docgen.jar then:

• Open the file config.info in the folder configuration/ of your Talend Studio 7.3.1
  • At the end of the very long line for osgi.bundles= add ,nl.mountbatten.talend.docgen (so something like osgi.bundles=blalbblabla,nl.mountbatten.talend.docgen )

Run your command, and voila