Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muhammedraleen
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Database Connectors Has Been Disabled/Disappeared

Hi All,

I downloaded and installed the Qlik Sense enterprise November 2022 Initial Release Version. After installation all the database connectors were there, but after few weeks all the connectors got disabled...

Can anyone please how to sort it out...?

10 Replies
Roza
Employee
Employee

Hi @muhammedraleen, could you kindly attach a screenshot of connectors in DLE?  Were there any upgrades/updates/etc before it happened?

muhammedraleen
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi @Roza ,

There were many connectors when I installed it, even I had connections using it. 

muhammedraleen_0-1672218056344.png

There were many connectors like above, but now shows as below

muhammedraleen_2-1672218198467.png

I downloaded and installed the latest version, it was working well... Only change happened recently is the password of Administrator (User where the services are running) got changed.

Steps I checked, All the services running perfectly, Passwords are updated in Data Connections, Tried repairing the Qlik Sense.. Still the same error is available...

Andreas_Giesbrecht

Hi @muhammedraleen ,

Can you please verify if the following folder path exists?

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\QvOdbcConnectorPackage

If yes, can you please try to run QvOdbcConnectorPackage.exe in there? Does it work?

Best regards

Qlik Support

muhammedraleen
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi @Andreas_Giesbrecht ,

The file is there but it's not opening

muhammedraleen_0-1672228345176.png

Andreas_Giesbrecht

Hi @muhammedraleen can you please check if you have an antivirus which might block the execution of the QvOdbcConnectorPackage.exe? 

Otherwise I would suggest to open a Support case in order to investigate further.

Best regards

Qlik Support

muhammedraleen
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi @Andreas_GiesbrechtGiesbrecht @RozaRoza,

There was no antivirus blocking the app from running. So, I downloaded the Qlik ODBC Connector Package from Qlik Downloads Site (Check the proper version, as first I downloaded the latest one, but it didn't work for me and then again, I downloaded one before the latest one it worked for me). Then I stopped all the Qlik Services and Then I run the downloaded connector and it got successfully.

Qlik Sense Connector Path://C:/Program Files/Common Files/Qlik/CustomerData

Above is the path where all the connectors get installed default. But when I installed the downloaded connector, it got installed in the following path C:/Program Files/Common Files/QlikTech/CustomerData/QvOdbcConnectorPackage and from this I opened the QvOdbcConnectorPackage application file then it worked.

Then, I removed the QvOdbcConnectorPackage folder available in this C:/Program Files/Common Files/Qlik/CustomerData and I copied the newly created folder in this C:/Program Files/Common Files/QlikTech/CustomerData and pasted here C:/Program Files/Common Files/Qlik/CustomerData.

Then I started all the services and Check on the data load editor all the connectors were back.

Thank you for your support @Roza @Andreas_Giesbrecht 

Andreas_Giesbrecht

Hi @muhammedraleen,

If I understood correctly you downgraded the ODBC Connector Package to an older version 6.149 which would correspond to a Qlik Sense version older than November 2021. I would not recommend to go with this version if you are actually using Qlik Sense November 2022.

Please feel free to open a Support case where we can try to provide to you a "fresh" ODBC Connector Package version 6.213 (which is the correct one for Qlik Sense November 2022).

Best regards

Qlik Support

muhammedraleen
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi @Andreas_Giesbrecht ,

Currently, I'm using the Qlik Sense Enterprise November 2022 Patch 3 v14.97.6 and my ODBC Connector Package is v6.149.1.

Earlier my ODBC Connector package was October 2022 v7.2.0, where it didn't work for me. Therefore, I downgraded my ODBC Connector package to v6.14.1.

Is this version be recommended or need to open a support case. (If needed to open, please guide me on it)

Andreas_Giesbrecht

Hi @muhammedraleen,

Qlik Sense November 2022 has by default ODBC Connector Package version 6.213 which is included into the Qlik Sense installer. The Qlik ODBC Connector Package version from the Download page are usually used for QlikView where the ODBC Connector Package is not included in the QlikView installer.

You can open a Support case in here https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support/ct-p/qlikSupport?launchChat=1 via chat.

Best regards

Qlik Support