Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
testtableauserver
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Cloud to SQL Server connectivity

Can Qlik Cloud trial access SQL Server running on local laptop? I couldn't find easy to follow documentation about it. Getting the error

ERROR [08001] [Qlik][SqlServer] Failed to locate Server/Instance Specified.

Can somebody pl point me what could be the error or steps to follow? Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Qlik Cloud, the trial version does not provide direct access to SQL Server running on a local laptop. Qlik Cloud is a cloud-based platform that allows you to create and share Qlik Sense applications online, but it does not provide a direct connection to on-premises databases like SQL Server.

To connect to a SQL Server database running on your local laptop, you would typically need to use Qlik Sense Desktop or a Qlik Sense Enterprise installation deployed on your local network. These installations allow you to establish a connection to your local SQL Server database and build applications with Qlik Sense.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Qlik Cloud, the trial version does not provide direct access to SQL Server running on a local laptop. Qlik Cloud is a cloud-based platform that allows you to create and share Qlik Sense applications online, but it does not provide a direct connection to on-premises databases like SQL Server.

To connect to a SQL Server database running on your local laptop, you would typically need to use Qlik Sense Desktop or a Qlik Sense Enterprise installation deployed on your local network. These installations allow you to establish a connection to your local SQL Server database and build applications with Qlik Sense.

Simran98
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks @Chanty4u , I had been looking for this for 3 months.  As of no, I am a learner . I am using the Qlik trial version and i was getting error while connecting the DB. But with the help of yours, i am successfully able to create connection.

Thanks a lot !!!!!!

beatoenira9
Contributor
Contributor

Quick counter-question here if you don't mind, as it is pretty related.

Would I be able to publish an app from Qlik Sense Desktop into Qlik Cloud, and still maintain the database connection? Like maybe the desktop and cloud apps synchronise between each other.

Also, if the above is possible, would it maintain Direct Query or be able to auto refresh the data from the SQL database?

Thanks in advance.