Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Blank page showing after login to Data Preparation in web UI

Dear folks,

I am using Talend real Time Big Data Platform enterprise edition 6.4.1. We need to access talend data preparation web UI. For that in my internet explorer I am using "http://localhost:9999/" it is working fine and I got login page. I used my credentials and login successfully but I am getting blank page only. it is not showing any content. I tried so many times but it shows blank page only. Kindly suggest me how to resolve this.

Regards,

Rupesh

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
smallet
Creator II
Creator II

Entire log file can be usefull 0683p000009MA9p.png

Anyway, is it possible that you tried with your hostname in url before, and now with localhost?

Could you send me also tdp and iam configuration files?

For TDP, configuration.properties in "config" folder, for IAM, in "iam/apache-tomcat/clients/tdp-client.json".

View solution in original post

11 Replies
smallet
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Did it ever works?

I mean, did work at some time, and sometimes you got the blank page (like in https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDP-5589)?

Or you was never able to login with your installation?

In the second case, it looks like a IAM configuration issue.

Are you sure you followed each steps in the installation guide?

Did you use Platform installer or it's a manual installation?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, Yes it is worked fine at some time but from last 3 days it is not working.

After logging it is showing blank page only and I click backward it shows like screenshot.

I used platform installer i.e., Talend installer V6.4.1 and it is installed succesfully.

I am not configure IAM till now, kindly suggest me how to configure IAM.

Thanks & Regards,

Rupesh

dataprep_error.jpg
smallet
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Could you send a better screenshot please, including url at least?

Dataprep logs could help also.

Is this instalation is on a AWS instance? Or a machine that can change its hostname?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I attached clear screenshot with URL.

In my log file, I find out the following message "2018-06-05 17:46:28.796  INFO [user ] 13064 --- [task-scheduler-7] o.t.dataprep.security.EESecurityProxy    : identity released for user null, back to UserDetails{id='INTERNAL_TECHNICAL_USER', firstName='internal technical', lastName='user', email='no.real.email@address.com', groups=[]}"

I installed talend server components on server machine and I attempt to login to data preparation in the same server machine only.

dataprep.png
smallet
Creator II
Creator II

Entire log file can be usefull 0683p000009MA9p.png

Anyway, is it possible that you tried with your hostname in url before, and now with localhost?

Could you send me also tdp and iam configuration files?

For TDP, configuration.properties in "config" folder, for IAM, in "iam/apache-tomcat/clients/tdp-client.json".

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi smallet,

Thanks for your advise.

Its working fine after replace host name with localhost.

But it is working only in IE, not working on other browsers.

Present I am testing data preparation on server machine where data preparation was installed, but we need to access data preparation on client machine.Could you please suggest me possible ways..

Thanks & Regards

Rupesh

smallet
Creator II
Creator II

Arf, but i was meaning replacing "localhost" by the host name in your url, not replacing host name by "localhost" in configuration.

I think it's not a good practice to have localhost somewhere in your config files.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I replaced my host name in URL only. I cant change anything in my configuration files.

My problem is that I need to access data preparation on client machine, is it possible?. If possible please suggest me how to do that.

Thanks & Regards,

Rupesh

smallet
Creator II
Creator II

hum, why can't you change your configuration files?

it will be an issue at some point