Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prashant_Patil
Contributor
Contributor

Blocking condition in tMatchGroup for a column with multiple values

Hi,

I am using a tMatchGroup component where I need to use a blocking condition as first character of Last_Name column. But, as I am getting multiple words in Last_Name, i need to have each words first character in the blocking condition.

For eg. Last_Name column contains "Lloyd George"

I want to use Last_Name in blocking condition of tMatchGroup blocking condition, in such a way that the records coming in tMatchGroup, if have Last_Name starting with L or G should pass the blocking condition and go for further rules check.

So, how can i handle this situation. Request you to please help here ASAP.

I have been searching the way to do this since many days, but didnt get any breakthrough.

Labels (4)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please elaborate your case with an example with input and expected output values?

Screenshots will be preferred.

Best regards

Sabrina

Prashant_Patil
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

Please find below the example:

Input:

0693p00000AaHxiAAF.pngOutput:

0693p00000AaHuGAAV.png 

i am passing input to tMatchGroup having t-Swoosh algorithm. I need the blocking condition of zip and (lastName1 / lastName2) so that it gives me records based on first character of both words in last name. Also, i have a rule for firstName.

0693p00000AaHwzAAF.pngI hope this makes it more clear. Please do let me know if anything else is required.