Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yome1
Creator
Creator

Cannot see semantic types from datamodel in tasks (stewardship)

Hello,

I have created dictionary semantic types to validate tasks in Stewardship.

After publishing those, i can add them into my data model.

But into the campaign, the type is not recognize. It is set as text...

I try the same in Talend Cloud and didn't see the same problem.

Not that stewardship is deployed on linux.

In addition, i wanted to know if it is possible to use the semantic service api on prem like in Talend Cloud to update the semantic types with an API call.

Thank you for your help

Guillaume

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Guillaume,

There is a mandatory patch to solve this problem of semantic types not correctly managed. You should install it, the support can provide it.

Regarding the api calls, they are the same on cloud and on premise configuration. Only change the url where TDS is installed for example on localhost: 

http://localhost:19999/semanticservice/categories/upload?category=%22+context.parameter_categoryID+%22&overwrite=true&_ga=2.39847078.54463177.1564401998-1606541874.1554467127

Regards,

Nadia.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Guillaume,

Could you give me more details? What is the version of TDS? Is it a new installation?

Regarding your other question on API, yes you can update semantic with API calls.

Regards,

Nadia.

yome1
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Nadia,

We use Talend 7.1, and it is a new installation.

I tested to change the type of one attribute of my data model by an already existing semantic type provided by Talend and i can see it correctly in my tasks...

So the semantic type created by me are available in dataModel but this is not applied at the campaign and task level.

About the api call, i already did it with the cloud version using 

https://tds.eu.cloud.talend.com/semanticservice/categories/upload?category="+context.parameter_categ...

But i am not sure about the correct url for the on prem, if you can help me with this!

Thank you

Guillaume

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Guillaume,

There is a mandatory patch to solve this problem of semantic types not correctly managed. You should install it, the support can provide it.

Regarding the api calls, they are the same on cloud and on premise configuration. Only change the url where TDS is installed for example on localhost: 

http://localhost:19999/semanticservice/categories/upload?category=%22+context.parameter_categoryID+%22&overwrite=true&_ga=2.39847078.54463177.1564401998-1606541874.1554467127

Regards,

Nadia.

yome1
Creator
Creator
Author

Ok thank you i will try this and let you know

yome1
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello,

I tried to use the semanticservice on prem but i got an error 401 unauthorized

I tried to use basic authentication with my login/password i use in stewardship / TAC.

Do i need to authenticate in another way?

Thank you.

Guillaume

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Guillaume,

Did you installed the TDS patch for the 7.1.1 as I mention?

Regards

yome1
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello,

Not yet, i asked our client to create a support ticket. It will be done probably this week.

About the authentication for semanticservice api, is there a bearer token to add like in Talend Cloud?

Thank you.

Guillaume

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Yes, it's exactly the same a for cloud, only the url change.

Regards

yome1
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Nadia,

Thank you for your answer but do you know how do I get the bearer token in this case?

Because i cannot use the same process that has been use directly in the interface from Talend Cloud.

Thanks again!

Guillaume