Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Denisa_Itu
Contributor
Contributor

How can I write in this excel file?

Hi. I work in Talend with version 7.2 and I would like to make an insert in an excel file, but this file has a few blocked columns. But this file has a few blocked columns. It has these columns because I put them in manually. And when I run this job next time, I want these columns to stay locked.

How can I solve this in Excel?

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am not sure i understand your problem well, maybe you need to specify the First cell X and First Cell Y value? To do, check the 'Is absolute Y pos' box on the basis settings panel of tFileOutputExcel.

Regards

Shong

Denisa_Itu
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi, thanks for answering. I'm an excel file. You can manually block a few columns, and leave one to allow you to make changes to it. I know this. The idea is that when I read this file I want those columns to remain locked and the data to be overwritten. But the moment I put this file in Talend and run the job, it creates another file for me and I want it to be overwritten.

Denisa_Itu
Contributor
Contributor
Author

The job is quite simple. I read from a firebird database, map the necessary columns and export them to an excel file.0695b00000JN4wQAAT.png