Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Denisa_Itu
Contributor
Contributor

How can I write in this excel file?

Hi. I work in Talend with version 7.2 and I would like to make an insert in an excel file, but this file has a few blocked columns. But this file has a few blocked columns. It has these columns because I put them in manually. And when I run this job next time, I want these columns to stay locked.

How can I solve this in Excel?

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am not sure i understand your problem well, maybe you need to specify the First cell X and First Cell Y value? To do, check the 'Is absolute Y pos' box on the basis settings panel of tFileOutputExcel.

Regards

Shong

Denisa_Itu
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi, thanks for answering. I'm an excel file. You can manually block a few columns, and leave one to allow you to make changes to it. I know this. The idea is that when I read this file I want those columns to remain locked and the data to be overwritten. But the moment I put this file in Talend and run the job, it creates another file for me and I want it to be overwritten.

Denisa_Itu
Contributor
Contributor
Author

The job is quite simple. I read from a firebird database, map the necessary columns and export them to an excel file.0695b00000JN4wQAAT.png