Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PBrzozowksija1624347962

Implementing dynamic SCD in Talend by using a CSV-Config-File

Hello dear talendforum,

I have only been using Talend for a few weeks, so I am a beginner and new to this forum, but I hope you can help me with my question regarding the dynamic implementation of Slowly Changing dimensions. 

Goal: Implement Slowly Changing Dimensions in Talend with an CSV config file that specifies the columns to change and transformation rules to change.

Example of the config file:

Source table; Source column; Transformation rule; Target table; Target column; SCD type.

Master_data_update; surname; tbd; dbo.master_data; surname; 1

Master_data_Update; Salary; tbd.; dbo.Master_data; Salary; 2

_____

So the goal is that I maintain the transformation rules and the type of Slowly Changing Dimensions in the config file and Talend reads this data from the config file (CSV) and uses it dynamically for the transformation process in our SQL database.

I hope I have been able to describe my question precisely and look forward to your answers.

Thanks in advance! 🙂

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

If I understand your requirement very well, please have a look at Implicit Context Load feature which loads context parameters dynamically at the time of Job execution.

For more information, please refer to this online documentation about: TalendHelpCenter: Using the Implicit Context Load feature

Feel free to let us know if it is what you are looking for.

Best regards

Sabrina