Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NNot_defined1665392384
Contributor II
Contributor II

Irrelgular tRESTClient javax.ws.rs.NotFoundException: HTTP 404 Not Found

Hi,

I'm running a job where about 3000 Id's get passed on to a subjob which executes a call to an API via tRestClient. Almost all the calls work fine, but every now and then I get a "Exception in component tRESTClient_1 (HarvestToDWH_TaskAssignments_Recent)

javax.ws.rs.NotFoundException: HTTP 404 Not Found". Obviously the call is working but why do I get this Exception only every 100th call or so?

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I think we need more information to investigate the issue. Do you iterate the 3000 Id and enable parallel execution? Can you share a screenshot of the job design?

Regards

Shong

Alan345
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

i have some change this topic you can again read this

The "javax.ws.rs.NotFoundException: HTTP 404 Not Found" exception indicates that the tRESTClient component is receiving a "404 Not Found" response from the API server. This typically means that the resource or endpoint you are trying to access does not exist or cannot be found.

The intermittent occurrence of this exception could be due to various factors.

There are a few possibilities to consider:

Input Data: Check if the IDs being passed to the subjob are valid and exist in the system. The 404 error suggests that the API is unable to find a resource related to the specific ID in some cases.

Timing or Rate Limiting: Some APIs have rate limits or restrictions on the number of requests that can be made within a certain timeframe. PayMyDoctor Login If your job is making a large number of requests within a short period, it's possible that you're hitting rate limits and receiving 404 errors as a result.

Network or Server Issues: Intermittent network connectivity issues or temporary server problems could also lead to the 404 errors. It's worth investigating if there are any network-related issues or if the API server experiences occasional downtime or performance issues.