Skip to main content
Announcements
Join us on Sept. 17 to hear how our new GenAI Assistant empowers data professionals: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TRandy
Contributor III
Contributor III

Json list array and not json string array using twritejson

Hi, I would like to build an array of objects using twritejsonFields as below.

But when i set the type list as the transaction field type and run the job.

I get <<cannot convert from string to list>> .

yet I need transactions to be of type list and not string

Please can you help me

Labels (4)
11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Tim Randy​ ,

Unfortunately, tWriteJSONField component can only output a String Type object instead of List object.

To achieve your goal, please add another tJavaRow component after the tWriteJSONField to convert the json Array string to the List object,

Best regards

Aiming

TRandy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Aiming Chen​ ,

I used the tJavaRow component and routines as you suggested in this topic 

https://community.talend.com/s/feed/0D55b000082Tpq3CAC

and I got this.

Unfortunately the result is not as expected

0695b00000aDR3vAAG.png 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tim Randy​ , what's your expected results? could you please give an example?

TRandy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Aiming Chen​ 

0695b00000aDRIlAAO.png@Aiming Chen​ 

ok my twriteJsonFields component gives me 02 output fields ids & transactions (which should be a json array list and not a json array string). The transaction field is grouped by ids (type string).

i have used tjavarow to convert json array list from json array string

here is the output transaction field : 

"transaction" provides by twriteJsonFields composant :

"[{

"Amount" : 5000,

"code" : ["Tx-1000", "Tx-1001"],

"date" : "2001-11-03T15:38:52.330+01:00",

"data" : {

{ "id" : "1001",

"validated" : true},

{ "id" : "1002",

"validated" : true}

}

},

{

"Amount" : 10000,

"code" : ["Tx-1020", "Tx-1022"],

"date" : "1991-08-31T11:30:52.330+01:00",

"data" : {

{ "id" : "0099",

"validated" : false},

{ "id" : "0098",

"validated" : false}

}

}

]"

to test the solution you proposed in the link mentioned above. I defined the routines as follows

0695b00000aDRIRAA4.png0695b00000aDRIWAA4.png 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tim Randy​ , tWriteJsonField can only output 1 String Type column which you can define it in it's Output Column settings as the below

0695b00000aDRHnAAO.png

TRandy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I know that  @Aiming Chen​ 

when creating the topic I have the captures of my configurations.

The problem is that the output transaction field I get with my twriteJson is a string and not a list. You suggested I add a tjavarow to my work, which I did.

Unfortunately, I still don't get the right result.

The description of the routines used by my tJavarow is more in line with the details you asked for.

Here is my job

0695b00000aDRNlAAO.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have looked at this question and the question you have referred to where @Aiming Chen​ was suggesting ideas about creating arrays. In that question (and in your screenshot above), the arrays are being produced but contains the name of the object type followed by a hash code. This is standard Java functionality when the "toString()" method is not overwritten to include human readable information about the object. Since JSON is essentially just a String, everything that is represented by it needs to be human readable. So you may be close with this, but just need to output something a bit more meaningful to you.

However, on reading through this question, I am afraid I am not sure what your input data looks like and what the output is expected to look like. I suspect that this may be achievable in an easier way.

TRandy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your feedback @Richard Hall​ ,

my input data, its types and the configuration of my twriteJsonFileds is given on these screenshots.

0695b00000aDHUSAA4.png0695b00000aDHUOAA4.png My component builds the Json array well except it doesn't have the right type. I just want it to be a list and not a string.

in short, I just need the transaction that is json array that I create to be just of type list and not string.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you mean an array and not a list. I don't mean to be picky, but I sense that this is causing a bit of confusion. I am guessing that your output JSON for this data will need to look something like this....

{"data": [ "val1", "val2", "val3" ]}

....the format won't exactly match and I am not including other fields. If this is the case, it is a JSON Array you need. Depending on your input data and output format required, there will be different ways to achieve this. But I will need to see an example of the input data (not the actual data) and the intended output JSON.