Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NEW! Data Prep in the Cloud How-To Videos

Talend Data Preparation Getting Started (Cloud)

Introduction to Talend Data Preparation

How to Prepare Data & Work with Recipes

Working with Datasets and Discovering Data

Operationalize Data Preparations in the Cloud

Self-service: Sourcing Data from Salesforce

Self-service: Sourcing Data from Amazon S3

Introduction to Talend Data Preparation

So many people often still do their analytics in spreadsheets, riveted with complicated formulas and repetitive tasks that they redo again and again; or they depend on colleagues to get the data they need for their daily work.

Data Preparation (or Data Prep) provides them the “self-service” capability to access, cleanse, prepare and combine data prior to analysis in a simple user-friendly way! Line of Business users as well as Business Analysts can now fix data in a very friendly and intuitive web interface, without needing any advanced IT skills! IT is the best placed to cope with the complex IT landscape of on-premises and cloud applications and to run data integration processes at scale. But this tool reaches the span of all comfort levels dealing with complex data.

How to Prepare Data & Work with Recipes

In this video, we will show you how you can use Talend Data Preparation to cleanse, shape and enrich your data as well as how to save your Data Preparation Recipe to rerun or apply to additional datasets at a later time.

Working with Datasets and Discovering Data

Within this video, we’ll dive deeper into how to work with our Datasets and how to search, browse and visualize your data. A dataset is simply a local or remote file that I can import into the Talend Data Preparation Tool, and potentially any other data sources such as database tables or cloud applications although not in the context of the Free Desktop version. After which I can then create a new “recipe” of functions to adjust my data to be presented to me in a new way. Think of it as implementing a filtering lens to view the data. I can then export my new recipe as a new “preparation,” leaving my original data unchanged. 

Operationalize Data Preparations in the Cloud

This video will show you how to build a data integration job that utilizes a preparation recipe from Talend's Data Preparation and then publishes it to Talend Integration Cloud, where the integration job can be executed in the Cloud allowing it to run on the Cloud to read my data and load it onto Amazon.

Self-service: Sourcing Data from Salesforce

In this video you see how easy it is to access your Salesforce data directly in the Cloud User Interface.

Self-service: Sourcing Data from Amazon S3

In this video you see how easy it is to access your data that is stored in AWS S3 buckets quickly and easily form the Cloud User Interface.

Labels (4)
0 Replies