Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danped
Contributor
Contributor

Privilege required

Hi,
I have raised this as a question with talend support also.  We are using Talend 5.6.2 
We have an oracle database where our Talend DQ Data Mart is being stored. I have set up a connection and created the schema using our database user called TAL_DQP. However when I try to execute a job to store the results in the Oracle database I receive the following error (the full log is attached, the relevant error is below).
: org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter - ORA-02289: sequence does not exist
: org.talend.dq.persistence.DatabasePersistence - org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not get next sequence value
Can anyone please confirm what oracle privileges are required by the account used to execute Talend DQ reports please?
Labels (3)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

* create tables
* create views
* create sequences
should be included.
danped
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,
Thanks for this response. It looks like TAL_DQP didn't have this privilege. However we have now added it (see below) and the problem persists.  
Could this be it needed the privilege to create the Talend DQ Mart in the first place? (Although I would expect it would have thrown an error at this point) Also the error message appears to relate to a sequence which isn't there, not a lack of privilege to create.
SQL> conn / as sysdba
Connected.
SQL> grant create sequence to TAL_DQP;
Grant succeeded.

SQL> conn TAL_DQP/******
ERROR:
ORA-28002: the password will expire within 3 days

Connected.
SQL> create sequence xx;

Sequence created.

SQL> conn / as sysdba
Connected.
SQL> alter user TAL_DQP identified by ***** account unlock;

User altered. 
danped
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Could this be it needed the privilege to create the Talend DQ Mart in the first place?

This was the case, in the Talend client despite not being able to create the necessary sequence in the first place (i.e. when I pressed the DQuality->Report->Database settings-> Check button) the message back reported no errors and said the database was well formed.  However it hadn't built the necessary sequence as it didn't have access.
To correct this we had to drop all the tables and views, assign the create privilege permissions and then recreate the DQ Mart DQuality->Report->Database settings-> Check button.
Thanks,
Dan