Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Redundancy Analysis - Comparing tables from different schemas

Hello,
I want to use the redundancy analysis feature of TOP to compare foreign keys to primary keys. However the Oracle database I am analysing has the tables to be compared under different schemas. I found that redundancy analysis only works for tables within the same Oracle schema. Can you please confirm that this is indeed the case and whether there are any plans to extend TOP to support table comparison across different schemas.
Appreciate your help.
Regards,
George

Labels (3)
12 Replies
Sebastiao_Qlik
Employee
Employee

Hi George,
indeed the redundancy analysis only works for tables in a same schema. The reason is that SQL is generated to compute the indicators.
I'm not sure right now, but you may be able to create a synonym table or view on the table which belongs to the other schema. This could help you to do the profiling.
If that's not possible, then please open a feature request in our bugtracker. We are in the process of defining the roadmap for the next release. Maybe this feature would be part of it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for confirming that Sebastiao.
Yes, I think it makes sense to allow comparing tables across schemas in Oracle. For example, I am dealing now with a data warehouse that has fact tables in one schema and dimension tables in a different schema, so I am writing SQL to check referential integrity.
Cheers,
George
_AnonymousUser
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,
Any updates on this one? Does TOP/TDQ have this feature enabled now?
Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sebastiao,
Can you please update us whether the ability to compare columns present in different schemas has been included in the later releases of TDQ? (I am currently using version 4.0.3).
Our analysis is hugely dependent on this feature on a very high priority and it would be of great help to us if this feature has been enabled now.
Thanks!
Mythili
Sebastiao_Qlik
Employee
Employee

Hi Mythili,
unfortunately, this feature has not been developed yet. I'll suggest it in our next roadmap meeting.
_AnonymousUser
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,
I am running into the same issue. That functionality will definately take this software to the next level. Please let me know when/if you create an update to the software.
Thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Is this feature of connecting over schemas is added in 5.2? Appreciate your comments.
Regards,
srichalla
Sebastiao_Qlik
Employee
Employee

no, please, declare a feature request at https://jira.talendforge.org/
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

About Oracle database, I learn from this site:www.oracle.com . Maybe it is useful for you too.