Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_AnonymousUser
Creator III
Creator III

Run jobs and publish/export results of analysis in Talend Open Studio

Hi,
I am evaluating Talend Open Studio for Data Quality as a tool for data profiling. My team has a couple of requirements which it seems Talend Open Studio for Data Quality does not have as a feature. One, can analyses be run on a scheduled basis (think cron) or can they only be run interactively thru the GUI. Second, can the results be exported/published to a report format outside of Talend Open Studio for Data Quality such as in HTML or PDF?
Thank you for any feedback.

Labels (2)
25 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi
You can generate a report for each analysis and export the report in HTML, PDF, XML or XLS file. Right click on the analysis and select 'New report' option to generate a report.
The Talend Enterprise Data Quality allows you to export the report script and execute it out of Talend studio, it is a batch file and can be scheduled to run at specified times. This feature is not available in community version Talend Open Studio for Data Quality.
Best regards
Shong
_AnonymousUser
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Instead of generating a report, is it possible to write the data quality analysis results to a database?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Instead of generating a report, is it possible to write the data quality analysis results to a database?

Hi
It does not support the output to database yet, it generates a record with file type html, xml, xsl, and pdf. You can store the record file into database with a DI job.
Shong
Sebastiao_Qlik
Employee
Employee

@LMitre, the results are written in a database that is configured in the preference page "Talend>Profiling>Reporting".
This database is documented in the TDQ Studio User guide, in the PDM appendix.
This database acts as a datamart onto which you may plug any BI tool.
Actually, the TDQ solution comes with the DQ Portal which is preconfigured to access this database.
The DQ Portal is a BI platform that allows you to share your reports, create new reports, schedule them, write ad hoc queries on the data mart....
_AnonymousUser
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks very much @scorreia. I believe the DQ Portal is not part of the community version though yes? For my research project, we are unable to pay any subscription fees at this time. I need to be able to generate reports w/o Talend's GUI interface and then either export the reports or save the results somewhere so another application can access them.
If this is somehow possible through Talend, I'd very much appreciate the guidance. But it sounds like at this time, we can no longer consider this tool.
Sebastiao_Qlik
Employee
Employee

Yes, the DQ portal and the historization of the analyses is not part of the community edition.
The analysis and their results are stored in xml file. You may want to parse them but I agree that it's not convenient.
_AnonymousUser
Creator III
Creator III
Author

"The analysis and their results are stored in xml file." <=== This occurs in the community version?
If the file structure doesn't change often, then it's at least a possibility to parse. If you answer yes to the question above, then we might still be able to consider Talend for our work. Thanks very much @scorreia!
Sebastiao_Qlik
Employee
Employee

yes, the analyses are stored in xml file (file extension .ana) in the community version.
I hope this helps.
_AnonymousUser
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Found the .ana files. Can continue to consider Talend. Thanks very much!