Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fernandovelez
Contributor
Contributor

Running a simple column analysis using pattern fails on TOS-DQ instal

Running a simple column analysis with a pattern fails on a MySQL database.
On the sample table 'contract' on schema 'crm' from tutorials 1 to 5 in the Talend Open Studio for Data Quality tutorials, which that can be imported to any database (I imported it to MySQL) , I defined a column analysis on column 'duration' with just one pattern: 'Duration'.
This is the pattern defined in tutorial 3 () to be first '^30$' and then '^30$|^60$|^120$|^180$|^300$'.
This simple analysis is failing upon execution. It brings up a box telling that there is an internal error that occurred during: "Run Analysis" targetIndex=9, size=9.
I am running TOS_DQ-20161026_1219-V6.3.0 on windows 10, which I downloaded from the site a couple of days ago.
The following is the stack dump I can find on the log file:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2016-12-05 16:52:51.023
!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Run Analysis".
!STACK 0
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: targetIndex=9, size=9
at org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList.move(BasicEList.java:658)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.NotifyingListImpl.doMove(NotifyingListImpl.java:1329)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.NotifyingListImpl.move(NotifyingListImpl.java:1314)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.util.AbstractEList.move(AbstractEList.java:535)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EcoreUtil$Copier.copyReference(EcoreUtil.java:793)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EcoreUtil$Copier.copyReferences(EcoreUtil.java:688)
at org.talend.dq.helper.EObjectHelper.preDeepCopy(EObjectHelper.java:511)
at org.talend.dq.helper.EObjectHelper.deepCopy(EObjectHelper.java:477)
at org.talend.dq.helper.AnalysisExecutorHelper.hotCopyPatterns(AnalysisExecutorHelper.java:430)
at org.talend.dq.helper.AnalysisExecutorHelper.checkMatchingIndicator(AnalysisExecutorHelper.java:390)
at org.talend.dq.helper.AnalysisExecutorHelper.checkPatternMatchingIndicator(AnalysisExecutorHelper.java:368)
at org.talend.dq.helper.AnalysisExecutorHelper.checkDependentFiles(AnalysisExecutorHelper.java:236)
at org.talend.dq.helper.AnalysisExecutorHelper.check(AnalysisExecutorHelper.java:205)
at org.talend.dq.analysis.AnalysisExecutor.check(AnalysisExecutor.java:255)
at org.talend.dq.analysis.ColumnAnalysisExecutor.check(ColumnAnalysisExecutor.java:244)
at org.talend.dq.analysis.AnalysisExecutor.execute(AnalysisExecutor.java:108)
at org.talend.dq.analysis.AnalysisExecutorSelector.executeAnalysis(AnalysisExecutorSelector.java:167)
at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.ui.action.actions.RunAnalysisAction$1.runInWorkspace(RunAnalysisAction.java:215)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Other column analysis not having to do with patterns work fine: this really has to do with patterns. I created new patterns, changed the pattern from 'default' to MySQL', etc. Nothing seems to work. I must have something strange on my install (by the way, when i look at my installation details, on installation history I get a null pointer exception. The stack of this failure in the log is 
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2016-12-05 17:19:36.199
!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Fetching Elements".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.SimpleProfileRegistry.internalLockProfile(SimpleProfileRegistry.java:861)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.SimpleProfileRegistry.internalGetProfileStateProperties(SimpleProfileRegistry.java:1215)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.SimpleProfileRegistry.getProfileStateProperties(SimpleProfileRegistry.java:1208)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.ui.model.ProfileSnapshots.getChildren(ProfileSnapshots.java:52)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.ui.model.ProfileSnapshots.fetchDeferredChildren(ProfileSnapshots.java:91)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.ui.viewers.ProvElementContentProvider$1.run(ProvElementContentProvider.java:59)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Labels (3)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
Could you please post some screenshots of your  column analysis and  patterns  setting which will be helpful for us to address your issue?
Best regards
Sabrina
fernandovelez
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your reply.
Sure, here are some screen shots of the pattern and the analysis.
Contract duration pattern:
0683p000009MCY6.jpg
Column analysis on crm.contract.duration:
0683p000009MB78.jpg
I launch execution on this column analysis and here is the dialog box returned with the problem:
0683p000009MCUZ.jpg

fernandovelez
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,
If by any chance you could take a look to this before tomorrow I would really appreciate.
Patterns are an important aspect of Talend's profiling value proposition and I won't be able to demo this part within my company (my demo is tomorrow).
To me, by looking at the trace, it may be that there is a file that TOS is trying to build but it can't.
By looking at the trace, I can see the following:
org.talend.dq.helper.AnalysisExecutorHelper.checkDependentFiles(AnalysisExecutorHelper.java:236)

We checked at the permissions on the folder where TOS was installed but everybody can write.
Maybe something not was well installed. Oh well.
Thanks
Fernando Velez
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

Any news about this topic?

Error message: An internal error occurred during: "Run Analysis".
java.lang.NullPointerException

Thank you in advance for your feedback . 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Axelle_1, this topic was old, not sure if you are using the same version 6.3.0, if not, can you please provide product information and simply describe how to reproduce the issue? We will make some testing. Thanks!

Regards
Shong

sanjeev1
Contributor
Contributor

Was this issue resolved? I'm running into the same issue with Data Studio version 7.1