Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cguthrie
Contributor II
Contributor II

Talend Open Studio Missing Data Profiling

A few months ago, I was able to download Talend Open Studio and run multiple different analyses related to Data Profiling. Now, when I download Talend Open Studio, it is Talend Open Studio for Data Integration. In this app, I do not see anything about Data Profiling. Can I download the old version, or can someone help me find out how to run a data profile in this version? Thank you!

Labels (4)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I think you are looking for Talend Open Studio for Data Quality product, you can download it from here.

Regards

Shong

cguthrie
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Great, that is exactly what I'm looking for!

Unfortunately when I download that and try to run the app, I get this error: "The TOS_DQ-macosx-cocoa executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library." I am running on macOS Big Sur 11.2.3. I can see the TOS_DQ-macosx-cocoa.ini file, so I'm not sure what this error means. I have tried re-unzipping the zip and extracting with Keka, but neither have worked. Do you have any tips for how to solve this?

Thank you!

cguthrie
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Nevermind to that previous response, I figured it out! Here were my steps:

• Start a terminal and cd into the unzipped folder
  • xattr -c TOS_DQ-macosx-cocoa.app
  • Go into the TOS_DQ-macosx-cocoa.ini and add "-vm /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_281.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java" (or wherever java is downloaded) to the first line of the file

Thanks for the quick response!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

So far, the macOS Big Sur is not list in the official compatible operating systems table.

Here is online installation guide about: TalendHelpCenter: Compatible Operating Systems

Feel free to post any issue you met when using macOS Big Sur in V 7.3.1 on community.

Best regards

Sabrina