Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
el1
Contributor
Contributor

create java user defined indicator using Talend Open Studio for Data Quality (7.3.1)

create java user defined indicator using Talend Open Studio for Data Quality (7.3.1)

The goal

create java user defined indicator on my personal laptop. 

Please, see the attachment for the steps I took.

I used the 

: How to define java user-defined indicators & How to create a Java archive for the user-defined indicator.

After, my steps (see attachment), in the error log, I get the following message:

!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 2 0 2021-02-24 10:41:11.633

!MESSAGE 2021-02-24 10:41:11,632 WARN org.talend.commons.ui.utils.loader.MyURLClassLoader - java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Persons/bin/persons/Persons has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 59.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0

Labels (2)
1 Reply
zshen
Contributor
Contributor

1. The class can be show in the UDI selected dialog only when the class extends the special class UserDefIndicatorImpl
  2. The class which you create use JDK15(version number is 59) to compile and you try to use JDK1.8 to run it. Many solutions can fix that one of it like that you can special the JDK version in the .ini file(like Talend-Studio-win-x86_64.ini it should be in the root folder of eclipse) of eclipse as ​below(you need to make sure the file and path is exist and validation):

-vm

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_171\bin\javaw.exe

Hope it is work well

😀