Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aminegac
Creator
Creator

is there dynamic schema for db tables in free solution on TOS 8.0.1 ??

hello , i just saw in the guide that there is a type 'dynamic' in data integtration guide which is the free product that talend offers ; but i downloaded that TOS for data integration 8.0.1 and open it , started my first job , and found nothing linked to dynamic schemas there , there is no possiblity for dynamic types .

any solutions in 2022 please ? ?

Talend OS 4 yrs / Java 17 Web Dev
Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic schema is only provided with subscription products. We don't have any documentation exclusively for Talend Open Studio. The documentation is for all products.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic schema is only provided with subscription products. We don't have any documentation exclusively for Talend Open Studio. The documentation is for all products.

aminegac
Creator
Creator
Author

thank you for the clarification . it was not clear when i checked the documentation .

but is there any ideas to migrate data base from sqlserver to sqlserver in a dynamic way ??

i mean for now i have to make a block for each single table and i have to use guess schema each time and i have to manuelly put date and datetime format and than i run that component where it only transfers 1 table (creation and data) but also i have that problem of 'float' types flipped to 'real' in DB .

in this process i found talend not optimized at all , maybe because i lack knowledge in it . maybe there is a faster and better way of doing the job .

aminegac
Creator
Creator
Author

at least if i biuld the db along with all its structure using a script , can i migrate all tables data dynamically and in a fast way where i don't get bothered by the schema of every single table ?? it would be perfect if i can at least make this happen in talend .thx

Anonymous
Not applicable

You would need to retrieve the full schema from your source DB and then use something a DBRow component to run the DDL scripts on your target DB. You should be able to do this, but you will have to build it yourself in Talend. There is nothing supplied out of the box as it were.

This post here gives an example of how to query your DB for table DDL scripts....

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41557619/generate-ddl-script-from-sql-server-database

aminegac
Creator
Creator
Author

ok. thank you i will try that method.

aminegac
Creator
Creator
Author

also DBRow did not accept my DDL script which works fine in sql server manager , that script creates the DB along with all its tables and stored procedures.. but in talend it says syntax error in 'GO' string . i made all special chars valid but the blocking now is in syntax which is valid.

0695b00000ODYujAAH.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, this may be difficult as this is not what Talend is meant for. This is bad practice.

You can create and update parts of the schema (although I still wouldn't do this in anything but a DEV environment) following this sort of method (shown for Oracle)....

https://community.talend.com/s/feed/0D73p000004kB8ICAU

If you have the script, why build a job to run it when you can just paste into query analyser product and run it?

aminegac
Creator
Creator
Author

as you said there is no point for running the script from inside talend to be honest , but i just wanted to try the tDBRow component as it is meant to run DDL scripts, but as i tried to run it ,it already created an error .

no need to use it as it can be just run throught MS manager .

thank you .