Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] not able to create business rule with data on flat file

i am trying to create a business rule analysis with a FileDelimited Connection, unfortunately, on the editor screen, we have Select tables to Analyze link, when i click on that link, new window pane opens up as Table Selection, there i see the metadata with a checkbox along with it.
the issue is when i select the checkbox againt the metadata, i am getting a warning message as
"this action will select all the tables existing below this level. this can take a long time and will block the application during that time. Do you still want to continue".
i have clicked ok but i dont see any column information after that step on the TOS editor. i have uploaded the message
Please advise,
Labels (2)
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Can you upload again the screenshots you wanted to show, please? For some reason it didn't make it to your post.
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

steps are mentioned above and below is the warning message you team is expert, please take a look.
"this action will select all the tables existing below this level. this can take a long time and will block the application during that time. Do you still want to continue".
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,
I'm facing the same issue - I'm using the Data Quality trial version.
I'm not able to apply any business rule in my clients file (Flat file) using a Business Rule Analysis .
Could you please let us know how we can do allow that?
Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
I'm not able to apply any business rule in my clients file (Flat file) using a Business Rule Analysis .

Are you referring to SQL Business Rule Analysis?
 Have you already checked document about:TalendHelpCenter:Creating a table analysis with SQL business rules?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,
Yes, in fact, that are the steps I followed to understand how to apply Business Rules in Talend.
In the Talend Open Studio trial version seems that is not possible to choose a flat file to apply a Business Rules analysis.
Could you confirm this?
Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

SQL Business Rule Analysis is only used for table not a flat file.

Best regards

Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sabrina.