Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaxIT
Partner - Contributor III

Error while connecting to Azure SQL Managed Instance

Hi, I'm compelled to use Studio version 6.0.

While trying to connect to  Azure SQL Managed Instance I received the following error message:

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: Reason: Login failed due to client TLS version being less than minimal TLS version allowed by the server.

See attached file for further details.

Any clue?

Thanks,

Max

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Max Agostinone​ 

Regarding to the error log, This is caused by the default jTDS driver version 1.2.2 not supporting TLS 1.2.

The possible solution:

1. Download a Microsoft JDBC driver that supports JRE 8 and TLS 1.2 , Microsoft JDBC
  2. import the downloaded mssql-jdbc.jar by Window->show view -> Talend->Modules view in the studio
  3. Change JDBC Provider to 'Microsoft' for the MSSQL connection as the below 0695b00000Z39CWAAZ.png
MaxIT
Author

Hi, thanks for the answer.

Please note it's Studio version 6.0 and I'm not alone working with it.

Doesn't installing the new jar run the risk of creating issues with the other projects currently running with the jtds-1.3.1.jar?

Thanks,

Max

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Max Agostinone​ ,

Thanks for the feedback.

could you please check if JDBC Provider is setup to "Open source JTDS" for the MSSQL connection? if yes, then it's currently running with jtds-1.3.1.jar.

then just try to change it to "Microsoft" to test if it work?

it's not necessary to install the new jar if it doesn't popup a dialog to install the missing mssql-jdbc.jar.

Best regards

Aiming