Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tautvydas_Perminas
Contributor
Contributor

How to use Data Catalog for Data Access management

Hi guys,

one of the biggest issues in data Lake is data access management. I know that people use Apache Atlas and Apache Ranger to control access to data. Apache Atlas acts as data catalog with labels, and Ranger acts as intermediate layer between data analytics tools and Atlas. Basically Atlas+Ranger tells SQL tools what data can that person access. So, the question would be - how do you achieve this functionality using Talend Data Catalog? In v8 you have Sensitivity Labels which you can attach to objects. I guess you can use API to get that data, but what then? How do you transfer that to data analytics tools, like notebooks, PowerBI, Tableau, etc.?

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Harvey69
Contributor
Contributor

View Data Catalog roles

1. Go to the IAM & Admin > Roles page. Go to Roles.
  2. In the Filter field, select Used in, type Data Catalog , and press Enter.
  3. Click on one of the listed roles to view the permissions of the role in the right pane. For example, the Data Catalog admin role has full access to all Data Catalog resources.
  4. Go tot the jcpassociates
Roberto72543
Contributor
Contributor

I highly appreciate your hard-working skills as the post you published have some great information.

McKesson Login Connect