Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Service account does not have bigquery.tables.get permission for table

Hi,

I try to create a connection between tBigQueryOutput component and my DataSet in Bigquery,I tested two methods with Talend MDM 7.1

- Authentification mode: OAuth 2.0 ===> it works

- Authentification mode: Service Account ===> it dosen't work.

I create service account with Admin project role and i generated json file

but I'm not able to have successfull connection.

I get thos error:

Exception in component tBigQueryOutput_1_tBQBE (SUB_ALIM_XXXXXXXXXX)
com.google.cloud.bigquery.BigQueryException: Access Denied: Table PROJECT0683p000009MACJ.pngATASET.MyTable: The user mycompteservice@PROJECT.iam.gserviceaccount.com does not have bigquery.tables.get permission for table PROJECT0683p000009MACJ.pngATASET.MyTable.

at com.google.cloud.bigquery.spi.v2.HttpBigQueryRpc.translate(HttpBigQueryRpc.java:99)
at com.google.cloud.bigquery.spi.v2.HttpBigQueryRpc.getTable(HttpBigQueryRpc.java:232)
at com.google.cloud.bigquery.BigQueryImpl$12.call(BigQueryImpl.java:411)
at com.google.cloud.bigquery.BigQueryImpl$12.call(BigQueryImpl.java:408)
at com.google.api.gax.retrying.DirectRetryingExecutor.submit(DirectRetryingExecutor.java:89)
at com.google.cloud.RetryHelper.run(RetryHelper.java:74)
at com.google.cloud.RetryHelper.runWithRetries(RetryHelper.java:51)
at com.google.cloud.bigquery.BigQueryImpl.getTable(BigQueryImpl.java:408)
at...
Caused by: com.google.api.client.googleapis.json.GoogleJsonResponseException: 403 Forbidden
{
"code" : 403,
"errors" : [ {
"domain" : "global",
"message" : "Access Denied: Table PROJECT0683p000009MACJ.pngATASET.MyTable: The user mycompteservice@PROJECT.iam.gserviceaccount.com does not have bigquery.tables.get permission for table PROJECT0683p000009MACJ.pngATASET.MyTable.",
"reason" : "accessDenied"
} ],

Does anyone have experience with this?

Best regards

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

The BigData components tBigQueryOutput and tBigQueryInput components work with Google Service Account in the new release 7.1.1.

Here is the related new feature jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TBD-5960

Best regards

Sabrina

CBailey0504
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using 7.1 and have the same issue.