Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

TDC - Snowflake JDBC Import bridge

Hi,

I am receiving an error ( Unsupported feature 'MATERIALIZED VIEW') while importing SnowFlake (import bridge) in Talend Data Catalog. Based on 'TDC supported snowflake jar versions' mentioned in www.metaintegration.net/Products/MIMB/Specifications/MIRJdbcSnowflakeImport.html, it was mentioned 2.X versions are supported. But it said that 'the database connection failed in TDC'. 

For 3.X versions of snowflake, I had received 'Unsupported feature Materialistic view'. But in the schema and database that I have used, there are no views created and while importing the snowflake in 'TDC', I have specifically mentioned only one 'table' name that is present in the snowflake database so that it would only trigger that one. But I still see the same error. I have attached the log file of the error for reference.

Could someone please help me with it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sravya. B

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Resolved when used snowflake 'Enterprise Edition' version as it would support 'materialized views'. However, Talend couldn't trigger the specified table which was mentioned while importing the model.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

did you also try to filter the harvest-process just for tables or views?

Regards,

Steffen

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, 

Yes, I did. But I am still receiving the same error.

Regards

Sravya

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sravya,

do you get the same error if you filter for a single table-name? I'm not so sure, but I guess that the data catalog is first looking into the system tables, where the tool can find all kinds of schemas, tables, views and so on ...

So now lets imagine, you don't have the access to the system tables, the data catalog could not be able to harvest any metadata. Thats why I would try to look for a single table - if that one table-harvesting process is working, we could be sure that the data catalog is able to take a look into the system tables, if not you have to reinvestigate on that issue.

Regards,

Steffen

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Steffen,

Yes, I have tried by providing only one table but I still get the same issue.

Thanks,

Sravya

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sravya,

that's a mess - at the moment I'm not able to readjust that issue, but I'll try.

Regards,

Steffen

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Resolved when used snowflake 'Enterprise Edition' version as it would support 'materialized views'. However, Talend couldn't trigger the specified table which was mentioned while importing the model.