Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AKumari1638191085
Contributor
Contributor

exception in thread "main" java.lang.outofmemoryerror: java heap space

I am trying to load a table(74 Columns, 3420971 Rows) from PostgreSQL Server to SQL Server but getting an exception in thread "main" java.lang.outofmemoryerror: java heap space. I have already tried multiple blog suggestions but couldn't manage to load the table.

Is there any way that we can migrate such heavy tables?

Urgent response would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Please ensure that you give the right amount of heap space that is allotted to the machine but also enough for the job to run successfully. Ensure that the job has high enough memory and modify the -Xmx accordingly.

Here is a KB article about: Could not reserve enough space for object heap exception

Hope it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina

AKumari1638191085
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I followed the same as suggested in the above mentioned article but it didn't worked.

0695b00000N1jmnAAB.png0695b00000N1jteAAB.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

From your screenshot, you are using a buffer tMap component. Please try to store temporary data on disk rather than in memory and allocate more memory to one job not for the whole studio.

For more information, please refer to this KB article

https://community.talend.com/s/article/OutOfMemory-Exception-WmtmQ

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything is very open with a clear description of the issues. It was truly informative. Your website is very helpful. Many thanks for sharing!