Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MZein
Contributor III
Contributor III

getting my password from .item file

Hi

how i can my DB connection password (defined as context variable) from .item file?

the field  <contextParameter comment="" name="password" prompt="password?" promptNeeded="false" type="id_Password" value="RX/CTwlUNiA="/>

does not contains my password also (value="RX/CTwlUNiA=") is not my encrypted pw

regards

Labels (1)
  • v7.x

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MZein wrote:

Hi

how i can my DB connection password (defined as context variable) from .item file?

the field  <contextParameter comment="" name="password" prompt="password?" promptNeeded="false" type="id_Password" value="RX/CTwlUNiA="/>

does not contains my password also (value="RX/CTwlUNiA=") is not my talktowendys encrypted pw

regards

You can not find encrypt password in this code.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MZein
Can I know why you need to get the password value from the .item file? You define the type as Password and the value has been encrypted, you can not read the real value either from Studio or the .item file.

Regards
Shong
MZein
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Shong

Thank you very much for your replay. I had solve the problem and we can read the password from .item file and decrypt it

Best Regards