Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Haresh
Contributor
Contributor

how to capture the exception handling error data into an output file in talend

Hi,

My talend job is working perfectly now,but i would like to induce some basic quality validation checks and put them in place to capture the error right away without any hassle.So inorder for that i am going to schedule the job to run hourly and if there is some failure due to disk space,FTP connection failure issues,errors due to file parsing name(by splitting the name i will load into db) -So if i run into nullpointerexception or something like that.How do i capture the error from console onto the log file in the folder from the talend job which keeps running in the background.

This is the code i am using to write the console output to an file.however i cannot capture the erraneous cases,please advise how to do that:

java.io.File file = new java.io.File("C:/Users/hsivakumar/Desktop/tests/output.txt");

java.io.PrintStream ps = new java.io.PrintStream(new java.io.FileOutputStream(file));

//java.io.File outputFileErr = new java.io.File("C:/Users/hsivakumar/Desktop/tests/outputerr.txt");

System.setOut(ps);

System.setErr(outputFileErr);

I am getting an error when using setErr

0 Replies