Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Urba34
Contributor
Contributor

tSystem- Why my PowerShell open and close without doing anything ?

Hello folks,

Scenario : At the end of the ETL process i want my powerbi dataset to be refresh

When i run the powershell manually the script works.

When i try to use tSystem, the script open and close without any error message it's quiet disturbing

I have a read a lot of article in tSystem and tried to apply a lot of changes but nothing works for me.

Thanks for your precious help 🙂

0695b00000HvMaXAAV.png

My PowerShell script :

$User ="mymail"

$PW = "mypw"

$SecPasswd=ConvertTo-SecureString $PW -AsPlainText -Force

$myCred = New-Object System.Management.Automation.PSCredential($User,$SecPasswd)

Connect-PowerBIServiceAccount -Credential $myCred

Invoke-PowerBIRestMethod -Url 'datasets/id_dataset/refreshes' -Method Post -Body('id_ws') 

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

What's OS and JDK version are you using? On which talend build version you got this issue?

If you don't mind, could you please open the error log generated automatically by the Studio to see whether you have error stack trace there; if you do, we will appreciate it a lot if you can paste it here.

About how to open this error log: in your Studio, click Window to open the menu, then select Show View->General->Error Log. Once you see an error, double click it.

Best regards

Sabrina

Urba34
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello thanks for your quick reply,

JDK : Zulu JDK 8.50.0.51 (8u275) 64 bits

TOS : 7.1 64 bits

See in attachement my logs,

Thanks a lot !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

From the error message"java.lang.ClassCastException: org.talend.core.model.properties.impl.JobDocumentationItemImpl cannot be cast to org.talend.core.model.properties.JobletProcessItem", it is usually caused by Creating a job/joblet, generating to documentation and exporting it.

Did you install your v 7.1 studio completely?

Are you able to run a simple command successfully in your tSystem component?

Best regards

Sabrina

Urba34
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

Did you install your v 7.1 studio completely? I got already 3 operationnal job so i think so

Are you able to run a simple command successfully in your tSystem component? Yes, each time no error occure when i run it

Maybe i have to instal the 7.3 TOS ? What is a successfully installation for you ? Because for me it's when i run a job ^^

Again thanks a lot

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

You could try to append to the your script this line, if you have only one process running Powershel:

Get-Process powershell | Stop-Process

You don't even need to change your job design but simply let it turn itself off.

Not sure it is an issue from talend studio, there must be a way to figure it out within the script itself.

Best regards

Sabrina