Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple Shared Folders: Shared Variables not working (QV QDF)

Hi! I was tasked to take over a pre-exising QlikView platform. The QDF has not been properly maintained in the past.

It has 3 different folder environments in the same file system.

1 For Development

1 For Testing

1 For Production

Under each one of these structures, there is Shared Folders - Folder and the QDF has also been created separately for each environment.

The issue I'm facing is that for some reason all vG.Shared variables point to the Development Shared Folders.

Other vG variables such as ColorSchemePath point to correct places.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks!

- Jyri

3 Replies
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Jyri, could someone have modified the framework base scripts?

• Look in Includes\1.Init\1.BaseVariable\4.Custom.qvs (all containers including shared) to see if there are any custom code added that runs after initiation. Default it's only remarked examples in custom.
  • Also move and run the app between the environment to check that the global variables are updated for the new environment (if you have not done that already)
  • Last you can download the latest QDF version and update this will replace modified base code (except custom.qvs mentioned above)

Regards

Magnus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Magnus!

Thank you for the input. The QDF version is 1.4.1, but I can see from some old apps that 1.5.1 was tried at some point.

custom.qvs does run when an app is reloaded, but it doesn't look like there is any extra code there.

Yeah, I did that already and the results were quite perplexing.

In the test environment, I found that there is a folder structure that correctly reads from the right Shared Folders under test.

Okay, Great!

Next, I copied the whole folder structure, let's call it structure A, and named it "test" and then verified that the reference still works - Yup.

After this, I took an application that I know points to the wrong Shared folder under Development and copy that next to the QVWs under structure A.

I run this program, now located in a place where the references should work. Nope, still wrong.

I delete all the loading code from this app, I make sure the QDF statements are same. Nope, still wrong.

Both apps give the error when loading.

'### DF Error Do not find vG.SharedBasePath'

'### DF Path 99.shared_folders\'

I'm really confused how two apps in the same folder can point to different Shared folders.

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Jyri, could you send me the 3.Include\1.BaseVariable\ContainerMap.qvs file? There should be a Shared entry related to an existing physical container name. See the example below that points to the 99.Shared_Folders physical containers:

Regards

Magnus

ContainerPathName,ContainerFolderName,ContainerComments,RootPath

Admin,0.Administration,Container containing Examples,

Shared,99.Shared_folders,Default Shared Container,