Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmenicucci
Creator
Creator

QDF containers in cloud

Hello everyone,

I have a question for you: is that possible to create containers or use QDF scripts stored in cloud drives like Google Cloud Storage, Dropbox etc.?

Thanks a lot!

Brunello

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Brunello, not at the moment,  but we see the need to enable this. Hope that this can be delivered, but I can not promise anything, as there could be unknowns here.  Regards Magnus

View solution in original post

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Brunello, as stated in the read me this is an alpha version that is not part of the deploy tool yet. You need to create your containers using deploy tool (or use a copy of containers you already have), you need after to replace the scripts with the new versions (git). You also need to modify container map to work with aOneDrive, as alternate path. Remember that its the path to the QDF root that you point, not the container itself (as the container name already exists in containermap.). Remember not to use excel when editing container map as this coverts it unreadable for QDF, instead use notepad.. Hope this helps..

View solution in original post

41 Replies
thomasmaure
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hello, 

Very interesting question and I would like to get it answered as well. 
I was able to use $(include= or $(must_include= with files on Azure blob storage and a directory tree similar to QDF one but I have no clue if the InitLink.qvs script works if the container is fully deployed on Azure Blob storage, nor if I can deploy it via the QlikDeploymentFramework tool  .

For me the most important would be to check if the InitLink.qvs works correctly or if it requires some rework . 

Regards

Thomas

bmenicucci
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Thomas,
exactly the same for me: I'm trying to use my QDF scripts from Google
Storage Cloud but without success as it seems not able to properly execute
InitLink.qvs
Brunello
thomasmaure
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I think the InitLink.qvs is too sophisticated for cloud use with many subtilities like automated config file load or reverting to 99.SharedFolders when vG.HomeContainer does not point to valid directory . 
It does not work probably because filesystem functions like filesize, or filetime   are missing .

I am not working on this at the moment , but my idea was to rewrite a simplied InitLink.qvs with just 
let vG.QVDPath= ...
let vG.ScriptPath = ...

and some code adpatation for the LCGV  / DCGV functions  . 

albena_mitova
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello there,

I am trying to do the same here but it seems the InitLink.qvs cannot be executed. Could anyone from Qlik provide a little bit more clearance on the topic? Any ideas how to replicate the idea of the QDF on the Qlik Claud?  @Michael_Tarallo @rwunderlich  

Thanks!

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I'll ping @Magnus_Berg here to see if he has any thoughts on addressing QDF SaaS compatibility.

-Rob

bmenicucci
Creator
Creator
Author

That's great, Rob!

Thank you so much

-Brunello

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Brunello, sorry for late reply. Ive been sick in Covid this winter. I have seen customers installing QDF including Qlik scripts using a s3 bucket. But you might need to change some code within QDF to make this work, as it's not supported out of the box today. Hope this helps Regards Magnus

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Thx @rwunderlich sorry for late reply, been sick in Covid. Good that you are testing this out, I have not started any work on this. Also think that functions like filesize will make it more difficult, as the initiation is validating what's available on disk and assigns global variables only to existing folders, will need to dig deeper into this. Regards Magnus

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thanks for the response. I hope you are recovered. 

-Rob